Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a kel tec P3AT for deep concealment and for occasions when I can't have my G19 ( weddings,church,ect..) what type of ammo is the best performing and reliable ammo? My gut tells me Hornady critical defense but I could use some feedback?

·
Registered
391 Posts
When I had my LCP I carried Hornady Zombie Max (Critical Defense). I can tell you my LCP did not like cheap practice ammo. It shot better stuff well, but Tulammo gave it a little trouble once.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P3AT has had 400-500 rounds of various rounds through it and not a single problem. Intested the critical defense ammo into wet newspaper and had jacket separation alot

·
No warning shots here
457 Posts
I run Winchester Ranger T's in my Kahr P380 never an issue with that type of ammo in all my guns. I heard good things about Corbon powerball but I haven't Tried them yet kinda expensive. To be honest you need to try different types of ammo to see what runs relialbly in your firearm.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Speed Gold Dot for EDC in my LCP. I have shot a lot of different 380 ammo and my LCP has been flawless.

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
I like the Speer Gold Dots, Remington Golden Sabers ( the slowest but the heaviest .380 on the market) and the Hornady Critical Defense. All have performed well out of both my Sig P238 and my MDE. The Golden Sabers aren't like by a lot of the smaller pocket autos though. At least not a lot of the ones I've owned and tried.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I sold it but I always used Hornady Critical Defense in the LCP!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts