Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot, this is my first post.

I just bought a g19 and I wanted to get some of the 33 round mags for target practice.

Does anyone recommend a place to purchase them?

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Welcome, HobowithaGlock, welcome to the Forum!

*Recommend you post a *Hi, there* in "Introductions", so everyone else has a chance to say Hi back at ya!

About your question, do you first of all know if it is legal where you live to have high-capacity magazines?

I ask because some places you can't have em.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never even thought about that. I live in Louisiana, how do I find out if it is legal?

I guess since I was only planning on shooting at a range I never thought of it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Glockstore.com is where I got mine. It was 50 coconuts for a factory Glock magazine. It's gen4 compatible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This may be totally obvious to most people, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Do NOT get a generic mag. Even for target practice they're a pain. I got 3 or 4 FTE's and even a double feed in one range session. Waste of money. I've read that if you replace the spring in them that helps but why even bother. Stick with OEM.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This may be totally obvious to most people, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Do NOT get a generic mag. Even for target practice they're a pain. I got 3 or 4 FTE's and even a double feed in one range session. Waste of money. I've read that if you replace the spring in them that helps but why even bother. Stick with OEM.
Before Christmas Centerfire Systems had the package deal... I got 2 17 rd and 1 of their 33 rounders for $17. I plainly marked them all as training mags, but they have all functioned 100%. I certainly don't advocate aftermarket stuff for carry, but for training I'm not going to pass up a deal like that. Even if they ever do malfuntion, I'm just getting that much better of a training session.:D

·
Banned
767 Posts
Welcome to the forum buddy!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Would a g17 gen 4 33rnd mag work in a 19 gen 4?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, I own a few of the knock-off 33rnd mags, granted I would not use them in a life-or-death situation, but at the range, they work just fine. I have never had a failure to feed.

Granted, I don't think the life or death situation would ever arrise. I pack a G26 and I think the 33rnd mag would make it a little TOO obvious.....

Also works great in my G19, both of which are Gen 3's if that makes a difference. Also, all my knock offs are fully metal lined. I have seen some that are only metal lined on the top 1.5" or so...

·
Banned
767 Posts
And I highly suggest you pick up some of them man

1 - 20 of 36 Posts