Glock Forum banner

30sf

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Blades 
#1 ·
Thinking about buying another Glock tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone had experience with the .45ACP Glock 30sf? What are the pros and cons of this particular pistol? Thanks for any info.

#3 ·
I own a Glock 23 right now in the .40 caliber. I love the gun. My wife shoots it as well. I was really just wanting another carry gun to have with me so i can keep the G23 home for her. I believe the maker of the ammo is Corbon+P in the 45ACP rounds I was really wanting to play around with.

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum "jr84mo".

Pros:
10+1 rounds of .45acp in a compact lightweight handgun(34oz loaded, compared to the venerable 1911 which weighs around 38oz unloaded).

"Push" recoil compared to the "snap" recoil of the .40s&w/.357Sig/+P 9mm/10mm.

It's a Glock! Pro point for that alone.

Barely bigger then the sub-compact Glocks(just a few millimeters here and there).

A smidgen smaller then the compact Glocks(a few millimeters there and here).

Barrel Conversions: 10mm, .45 Super, .460 Rowland, .40 Super, .400 Corbon.

Cons:
Cost of ammo(Just dry-fire practice more).

Some say it is too wide, but it is only 2.5mm wider then the G26. Huh? :confused: 2.5mm? That's all? Yep.

With modern ammo(from this article) the 9mm has proven to be just as effective as the .45/.40s&w/.357Sig/.45Gap. You don't need a big ol' .45 bullet, but it is nice to carry 10+1 rounds of .45acp

#7 ·
Thanks (Blades)... I've shot .40 out of a pistol all my life. I really like the big hole at the end of the G30 that the 45ACP has if I ever had to use as a backup gun while hunting in the woods. Here in Texas when we hunt in deer season we come up on hogs running at us. I don't use a semi auto rifle as a deer rifle so I usually carry my G23 as a sidearm. I'd leave the .40 home with the wife and take the .45 with 230 grain fmj. Also the size is great for CC...

#8 ·
Thanks (Blades)... I've shot .40 out of a pistol all my life. I really like the big hole at the end of the G30 that the 45ACP has if I ever had to use as a backup gun while hunting in the woods. Here in Texas when we hunt in deer season we come up on hogs running at us. I don't use a semi auto rifle as a deer rifle so I usually carry my G23 as a sidearm. I'd leave the .40 home with the wife and take the .45 with 230 grain fmj. Also the size is great for CC...
Anytime, your welcome. It is a good size for CC.

If your using it for charging hogs you might want a heavier bullet. I don't hunt, but as a couch commando I'd prefer a 255gr hardcast round from DoubleTap. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.