3.5# Connector?

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by begelin, Jan 2, 2013.

1. begelin

begelin New Member

Hey guys I recently purchase a G19.. I know a lot of people like to swap out the stock 5.5# connector to the 3.5#. Does is it make a huge difference?? I think the standard one is pretty stiff does the lighter one make the pull a lot more fluid and less resistive?

2. stangyg123

stangyg123 New Member

I replace all mine with a LWD 3.5 and it makes a huge difference. Much smoother pull.

3. begelin

begelin New Member

Also, when people talk about polishing their triggers or connectors.. What does that exactly mean?? Bare with me I am new to the Glock! :)

4. stangyg123

stangyg123 New Member

They are generally talking about using a polishing compound like Flitz to achieve a mirror like shine on the metal parts that come into contact with each other during the pull of the trigger. These parts include the connector, trigger bar and firing pin safety which when polished will give you a very smooth trigger pull.

5. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Welcome to the forum "begelin".

When I decided to do the ".25 cent trigger job" I went to youtube and watched a few video's. Very useful.

The 3.5" connector is a nice improvement, but it was too easy to engage, so I added the NY1 spring. Now I have a nice firm pull, with a corresponding firm reset. I might cut one coil off the NY1 spring, maybe, I haven't decided yet.

6. TM23_co

TM23_co New Member

If you're adimant about a connector I recommend the oem glock 4.5# connector. Most other connectors give the trigger a mushy feel.

Some are also content with just polishing the contact points.

7. begelin

begelin New Member

Okay awesome. I think first ill shoot it. Then polish the trigger parts. If still not liking it I can always try that route with the connector.

8. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Polish it first, do some dry fire practice(which you should be doing every day) at home. You should feel a difference when you dry fire. I polished mine three times before it felt "right" to me.

9. begelin

begelin New Member

Sounds good I will do that. Also I have herd many people say dry firing isn't good for the gun. Is that true?

10. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Not that I know of for a Glock. I dry fire mine all the time.
    Some guns it can be bad for, so they recommend snap caps.

11. TM23_co

TM23_co New Member

Excessive dry firing has caused the breach face to crack. If you're planning in doing a lot then get snap caps.

12. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Good to know. I wonder how much "excessive" is? I'm not dry firing hundreds of times per day, so I would think I was okay, but snap caps are cheap, time to buy some. :)

13. mcwtrainer

mcwtrainer New Member

I have snap caps for some of my guns but what I love are the Laserlyte bullets that act not only like snap caps but show you where you fired. I got the target with it as we'll and use it as a training tool for indoor shooting (inside my house).

14. begelin

begelin New Member

Yeah, i will definitely look into getting some snap caps. sounds well worth it. i was also interested in getting that Laserlyte. do you like it? where did you get it?

15. ib32

ib32 New Member

I run a ghost rocket 3.5# connector and it works very well for a one piece swap.

16. begelin

begelin New Member

Did you have to do any modifications to the trigger?

17. ib32

ib32 New Member

The kit came with a few springs that I swapped out. The connector needed a little tlc for a smooth trigger pull. I got the kit for 40.00. I'm looking to do production class shooting so my options are limited for upgrades.