2nd time out with the G36

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by usmcwarvet, Mar 11, 2012.

1. usmcwarvet

usmcwarvet New Member

Went to Big Al's today in Hallandale Beach , FL. Had some good times with my brother frank. Here are some pictures of today.

here is a rapid fire video from 5 yards :
    [​IMG]
    few pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

failure drill 7 yards
    [​IMG]

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Very good shootin' Marine !! How many yards away...?

Do you practice presentations from your holster and double tap

the targets...?!

3. usmcwarvet

usmcwarvet New Member

the stance pic and video are from 5 yards . The failure drill was from 7 , i draw from y conceal holster, but in the video i did not use the holster i was at the ready stance , and the mag was in my 5.11 pants magazine pocket lol .

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  4. SHOOTER13

5. usmcwarvet

usmcwarvet New Member

If you got any advice im all ears guys. Thanks

6. usmc2537gunny

usmc2537gunny New Member

Devil dog use the push pull method to tighten your groups. Push with your primary hand while pulling with your secondary hand. Concentrate on that front site tip. Not sure if you were shooting with both eyes open?? Looks like you are ducking your head, bring the gun to your eyes. Have fun, probably didn't tell you anything you already didn't know. Semper Fi, Guns

7. SHOOTER13

Welcome to the Glock Forum gunny !!

8. usmcwarvet

usmcwarvet New Member

Gunny , yes you are right I see all those mistakes, well actually bad habits I picked up. Trying to work on that, thanks again.

Semper Fi

9. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Draw from holster and double tap is one of my favorite drills so far. I spent an entire hour with it once, and I swear it was more of a work out than most things I've done LOL. Good stuff though.

How are you liking the 36, and did you ever shoot a 30 by chance to give a comparison between the two?

10. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Try gripping the weapon like this. Looks like you are using cup & saucer technique.

Attached Files:

11. usmcwarvet

usmcwarvet New Member

I was trying to use that grip style,I must have moved my hand I guess. And no sorry I have not shot a G30,, but I have held one and the grip does feel a little better, but to to wide for concealment for me.