Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my 43X done! Decided to go with the OTDefense rectangle tip for the stipple, I like the random sprinkles look. I also decided to paint the frame. It definitely has some imperfections here and there and I don't think the paint will be as durable as I initially thought, but as for now I'm happy with the result.
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Font Gun barrel
Black Table Eyewear Font Desk
Automotive design Electronic instrument Audio equipment Font Office equipment
Product Eyewear Sleeve Sunglasses Book
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Font Rectangle

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aye that looks really good! No I actually used regular paint lol I got this scuff defender extra durable stuff that I thought would be good, but time will tell. I didn't wanna spray it because it's super tedious to not get drips and ****. I'd like to do actual cerakote in the future so that it actually lasts

· Registered
Glock, Sig, H&K, etc.
7 Posts
Looks very good for only your second time. Practice makes perfect. I've thought about trying it, bought a variable temp iron, Flexcut U groove tool to make the borders, miniature sander, etc. Now I just need something to practice on. What did you use for practice on?

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I mean I thought about not 'scarring' my cases before I did, but then I decided ya know what I'm not selling my guns at any point, esp with the 'we must do everything to rid this country of the 2nd Amendment ' crowd actin a damn fool like morons.

But yea, to answer your question I use OTD tips. I've racked up quite a few so far, they're outstanding and I highly recommend to anyone looking to learn. I initially tried some cheap Amazon tips, thinking how much different could they be, but the polymer really likes to stick to the cheap ones and they're not even real brass if I'm not mistaken. The OTD tips work really really well. You kinda only get 1 shot at it, so imo it's worth spending the $4 - $12 on OTD stuff and remove the risk of the tool causing your stipple job to come out terrible haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts