25 States So Far Lose Reciprocity in Virginia Feb. 1st 2020

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by NQNPIII, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Regrettably a large amount of the Yankee transplants are changing the south and the west is being flooded by progressive Californians.

Greywood likes this.
  2. LElliott

LElliott Well-Known Member

Except Trump. Although he's stuck in the traditional 'politician's forte, He's a businessman, and I do trust him.

3. NWG40

NWG40 Well-Known Member Supporter

Well you can't blame Trump for adopting the bump stock ban. After what happened in Las Vegas I can see him taking some action. I mean after all there's our 2A rights & then there's a MFG'r. who skirts around the NFA rules to turn a semi auto into a virtual auto rifle the very reason the NFA rules for private ownership of autos were formed? I believe Trump did this to help strengthen our 2A rights. If he didn't, we'd be under a deeper attack than what we are now. After all our 1st President George Washington said;
    Free men should not only be armed, but also educated.

Bayou, Danzig and LElliott like this.
  4. LElliott

Exactly!

5. Danzig

Texas
    Don’t disagree but...
    Trump is not a gun guy so he got that bump stock ban put in his ear and saw it as a way to placate the gun grabbers. Problem is the gun grabbers never stop demanding restrictions. You outlaw all semi autos and they’d demand revolvers have no place in society, it never stops with them.
    Slide Fire among other manufacturers have exploited BATFE guidelines same as other special interest groups. Just as with other polarizing issues in America, immigration, abortion, speech, etc. the sides are getting more extreme and fringes have been more visible.
    One of my main issues with the bump stock ban was the fact that despite thousands of these devices availability only one heinous act had been committed with it and the knee jerk reaction was a non-litigated ban.
    The problem with most 2A issues is the media claims they just want some compromise but it’s always us giving up more and more. The goal posts get moved every time we concede something. I wasn’t around during the 68 GCA arguments so I don’t know if proponents for it said, if these laws are enacted, we are done with further gun control. I do know that since I’ve been following gun laws, Schumer, Feinstein and the antigun crusaders have never put forward a set goal that would appease them.

Bayou, LElliott and Southlake like this.
  6. Really? Who initiated the bump stop ban? Who went 'on the record' promoting 21age limit, UBC, RFL?? He has no ideology, he responds 'off the cuff' depending on who's listening or whether or not the TV camera's are on.

How about medicare? He's said how many times he's not going to touch it..in DEVOS he went on the record saying he's going to place restrictions on it..same for social security...

You don't know ANY politician..they change as much as the weather..it's all about winning an election and what they will say, not do, to make that happen.

7. NWG40

Folks...Really you know this all goes back to the Clinton Era and the UN Small Arms Agreement. The U.S. is one of the last in the world to hold out (thank God for the founding fathers). Ever since they have been chipping away at 2A. Australia, England & a host of other countries have outlawed firearms in lieu for the U.N. resolution.

Bayou, LElliott, Danzig and 1 other person like this.
  8. LElliott

He just said he's doing nothing to change SS or Medicare in his budget speech. In fact, he increased money for MediCAID. Btw, It's 'Davos' and I never heard him say what you said he did. Sounds to me you watch MSM channels/publications? Again, Who else are you gonna vote for to protect your 2A rights? You're splitting hairs.

Bayou and Southlake like this.
  9. And You believe him, good for you. My SS and medicare are set(69yo), but anybody who is less than 62yo NEEDS to be concerned. Budget? Congressional mandate, not POTUS..his speech is just that, a speech..He 'approves' or 'disapproves' the budget laid down by Congress...BTW-Medicaid is not 'Medicare'...If he thinks it's politically advantageous to screw young people out of SS or Medicare, he'll sign it in a NY minute..or sign it to punish somebody..Depend on SNAP or a student loan? Sorry charlie..per his 'speech'...But the for the bloated DOD?..more $ w/o ANY strategic vision...BUT it makes for good TV.

Glad you pigeon hole me so easily..BTW-I WATCH TV, READ publications....

The hairs to be split is a bucket of things that effect who votes for whom..
    Worried about 2A rights? Look to your state, not anybody in DC sitting in ANY big chair.
    Why? Cuz you can't trust any of them..ANY decision by a voter or candidate is a compromise.
    NO black or white..

10. NWG40

WHOA there :confused: Let me get a bucket & put that fire out!!!;);)
    All I ask is to think this out.
    I too have my SS & Medicare set. But what worries me is we also can have it reduced or stripped from us. Would this POTUS screw the younger generation, I don't think so because it would then become a problem for congress. He really wants to take that away from congress to fix itself. Creating all these jobs is a way to help the SS system. Remember he's a business man. And you do have to admit that the POTUS has done a lot while through every step of the way getting brow beat by the Dem's & main stream media in the process.
    Its been all about entitlement. Personally I believe there should be NO entitlement. Everything has to be earned, just like SS & Medicare.
    As far as $$$ going to the DOD, you say bloated? Really you must be kidding. Obama for 8 years carved up the armed forces to where we are now. We already have a hard time responding to a major incident. I too served in the Navy during Vietnam aboard the USS Ranger CV-61. Things were a little dicey then, imagine what our forces have to deal with now
    with shortages of supplies & support. And this is from some of them coming back to say this.
    Forgive me when I say the following; IMHO I don't give a rats ass about who says what or why.
    I look to see what they do. We've had 24 years of Dem POTUS campaign on center issues & when elected, go their own way and abandon their promises. Why do you think we have Trump?
    I'm just saying :rolleyes::rolleyes:

LElliott and Danzig like this.
  11. Read his budget..READ it..

Cuts to these programs that seniors paid into for YEARS..called FICA.
    He wants to cut that along with social security, SNAP program, YUGE cuts to HHS and HUD, basiclly defund the EPA and student loan system..things that hit red states more than blue states..interestingly enough..low unemploymet but tax receipts result in a $TRILLION deficits as far as the eye can see. SS funding VERY low also because even tho unemployment very low, wage growth stagnant or decreasing.

DOD Bloated in that it isn't STRATEGY driven..it's just about bullets and bombs without an focus on the most likely scenarios..that is, what's going on in Afganistan, Syria and Iraq, RIGHT NOW. The idea that we must defend against a red army hoard marching across the central plains of Europe is =70 years old!! Shortages of supply and support because the DOD doesn't know what to 'supply', via a long term, accurate STRATEGY. Russia and China are adversaries but the time to meet these uniformed armies on the field of battle is over. 10,000 foot runways in Europe stocked with a ton of USAF fighters..Air superiority against what?

Why is the military tired? And 3 years of any president isn't going to change that..it's tired because of wars, instituted by George BushII, in 2003. THIS war coupled with the fall of Bagdad not only upset the more 'natural' balance between Iran and Iraq but also was the genesis of the Arab Spring and ISIS..What do we get? A stronger(Nuclear?) Iran than ever, along with Syria and Iraq..these 'developments' in the last 3 years...We 'won' GWII but lost the peace..and now, 17 years later, STILL THERE..Potus says we are going to end this stuff..by conceding Syria, Iran and Iraq to Russia isn't going to do that.

Why trump? I have my own ideas but I think this 'political' discussion is off limits to the mods..

12. LElliott

You obviously didn't watch the SOTU speech and Trump backed up his no touch policy on SS and MediCAID and in fact added money to medicare the very next day on his budget speech. He's added 7,500,000 MILLION tax paying jobs in just 3 years as well as repatriated 1,000s of tax paying hiring Americcan companies who now pay 21% tax instead of 0% being off shore. Ob0zo is still trying to find his magic wand. If you did watch the SOTU address, keep drinking that nauseating liberal Kool Aid! IMHO, you're hateful and very long winded in the process.

13. Tapping out of this one..'hateful'...that's appropriate.
    BTW-who's Obozo? I thought trump was POTUS.

OBTW-"President Trump created 4.7 million jobs in his first three years"
    AND
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/09/20/trump-has-created-15-million-fewer-jobs-than-obama/#30948c3d27ce

BUT, out, back to Glock..READ HIS BUDGET....
    If trump would just be quiet(get off twitter) and GOVERN, his reelection would be a walkover. Calling various people names instead of offering counter points and arguments to their ideas is infantile. Nobody in government 'hates' others more than POTUS.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  14. NWG40

Hate to admit it but I'm lost on this.

OBTW-"President Trump created 4.7 million jobs in his first three years"
    AND
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/09/20/trump-has-created-15-million-fewer-jobs-than-obama/#30948c3d27ce

Trump: 4.7 million jobs in 3 years & the lowest unemployment rate in decades.
    Obama: 19.7 million jobs in 8 years & ALMOST the highest unemployment rate
    in the same period.
    How can you have more jobs & higher unemployment? Because the Obama administration would only count the NEW applications for unemployment insurance, not the ones already on it.
    Had he the rate would've exceeded 10%

15. Danzig

Texas
    Obama changed the metrics on how a lot of established statistics were done.

Bayou, Southlake and LElliott like this.
  16. LElliott

Ob0z0 is a statistic, lol.

When I'm done.jpg

Danzig, Southlake and NWG40 like this.
  17. Danzig

Texas
    LElliott likes this.
  18. Overkill338

Overkill338 Proponet of High Velocity Supporter

I wish! I live 5 miles from the NC line. I've been talking to the wife about a change of venue.

19. I think a reckoning is coming on election day in VA.

20. LElliott

Only if they get a GOP on the ballot.