Glock Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first 40cal, used to use a 9mm can anyone tell me the advantages the 40cal has over the 9mm? I haven't even fired this thing yet bought it brand new.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bought my first 40cal, used to use a 9mm can anyone tell me the advantages the 40cal has over the 9mm? I haven't even fired this thing yet bought it brand new.
I have shot both.
Also just bought my first 23. Many years ago I carried a mod. 22 as a duty weapon. I liked it better for the increased stopping power, without having to carry something as big as a .45.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sbiley said:
I have shot both.
Also just bought my first 23. Many years ago I carried a mod. 22 as a duty weapon. I liked it better for the increased stopping power, without having to carry something as big as a .45.
Thanks for the info, I love the size and feel of it, just not sure if I wanna pay for ammo D= lol

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
They do share the same sized frames yes. There are some differences though (ex. the ejector).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KeenansGarage said:
They do share the same sized frames yes. There are some differences though (ex. the ejector).
That's what i though, but now if I wanted a 9mm or a "19" couldn't I simply do a $100 barrel swap? Magazines to obviously.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Yes, as long as you got a Lonewolf or other conversion barrel. The ejector will still work, it just may throw the brass in a different direction than you are used to.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Yeah, you can't buy a glock factory 9mm barrel and drop it in, it must bea conversion barrel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts