23 40cal

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Morber_G19, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Morber_G19

Morber_G19 New Member

Just bought my first 40cal, used to use a 9mm can anyone tell me the advantages the 40cal has over the 9mm? I haven't even fired this thing yet bought it brand new.

2. Sbiley

Sbiley New Member

I have shot both.
    Also just bought my first 23. Many years ago I carried a mod. 22 as a duty weapon. I liked it better for the increased stopping power, without having to carry something as big as a .45.

3. glock19desertranger

glock19desertranger New Member

Heavier slug with similar velocity to a 9mm makes for good stopping power. I get to pick my 23 up on Friday, can't wait!:cool:

4. Morber_G19

Morber_G19 New Member

Thanks for the info, I love the size and feel of it, just not sure if I wanna pay for ammo D= lol

5. Morber_G19

Morber_G19 New Member

And just to be sure the 9mm and 40 cal. Are the same size gun right?

6. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

They do share the same sized frames yes. There are some differences though (ex. the ejector).

7. Morber_G19

Morber_G19 New Member

That's what i though, but now if I wanted a 9mm or a "19" couldn't I simply do a $100 barrel swap? Magazines to obviously.

8. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Yes, as long as you got a Lonewolf or other conversion barrel. The ejector will still work, it just may throw the brass in a different direction than you are used to.

9. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Yeah, you can't buy a glock factory 9mm barrel and drop it in, it must bea conversion barrel.