Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went shooting with a friend who pulled out this box of 22lr from the past. Anyone remember TG&Y? $1.59 for a hundred. Things have changed a bit. My Grandfather bought a Liberty arms 22 revolver from Western Auto for $19 or $29 (I forget). I still have it and it is one of my most treasured pistols (and I have one or two).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
76,422 Posts
Went shooting with a friend who pulled out this box of 22lr from the past. Anyone remember TG&Y? $1.59 for a hundred. Things have changed a bit. My Grandfather bought a Liberty arms 22 revolver from Western Auto for $19 or $29 (I forget). I still have it and it is one of my most treasured pistols (and I have one or two).
Yes, we had TG&Y's all over Oklahoma back in the 80's. I've shot many boxes of those.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Grew up in Kansas City, Kansas area.

Had TG&Y, Western Auto and Monkey Wards (Montgomery Wards).

TG&Y was kind of what we used to call a "dime store" Didn't know they sold ammo, but back then I wasn't looking for any.

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,000 Posts
As a teenager ,I remember quite well, that any country petrol station sold .22 and 12 gauge ammo ! Also Petrol stations sold, spark plugs ,fan belts, hoses etc and had at least one mechanic!

·
Premium Member
6,953 Posts
As a teenager ,I remember quite well, that any country petrol station sold .22 and 12 gauge ammo ! Also Petrol stations sold, spark plugs ,fan belts, hoses etc and had at least one mechanic!
One of the best gun shops in my area is a combination gas station gun/fishing store, the fellow who owns it moves product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts