Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about a new gun. Kind of stuck on the 22 or the 23C. I like the fact that the 23C is supposed to have a little less recoil but I've also heard that it makes it difficult for your eyes to re-adjust when shooting in low light. I have shot the 22 and I like the feel but haven't shot a 23c

·
Banned
767 Posts
I would not recommend the C models because of the shooting in low light issues... .aside from the blinding aspect, you can also run into burning yourself if you fire it too close to yourself in a struggle..... but if it is recoil or muzzle flip you are worried about most, I would suggest getting the Tungsten recoil assembly.... supposed to be 500% stronger than the stock one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bryanbrescia said:
I would not recommend the C models because of the shooting in low light issues... .aside from the blinding aspect, you can also run into burning yourself if you fire it too close to yourself in a struggle..... but if it is recoil or muzzle flip you are worried about most, I would suggest getting the Tungsten recoil assembly.... supposed to be 500% stronger than the stock one.
I just want to be able to recover quick from the last shot and be back on target quickly. Ive been shooting about 5 years now and I want to be able to shoot a little more accurate. I think I'm decent but there's always room for improvement. Ive heard great things about the recoil assembly. The gun wouldn't be until at least summer so I just want to hear other opinions and suggestions.

·
Banned
767 Posts
I would suggest replacing the recoil assembly and not the C models then

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've heard different things about replacing the recoil assembly? I thought it made a lot of sense to help reduce muzzle flip and I liked the fact that it was made of Tungsten rather than plastic. But a lot of people I have talked to said its a waste of money and it's another useless POS? Please advise?

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I say go for the 22. I have a 23 non-C model, and I can hit follow-up shots quite quickly. Within 10 yards, I can hit in the center mass as fast as I can pull the trigger. Practice with it, and you will develop proficiency. I just kinda remember where the sights go from shooting it so much so it's second nature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts