Glock Firearms banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yikes, that is wild. I knew laws over there were bad but sheesh. Do you get to own any type of "hunting" long guns? I agree it can happen to us but with 22 million firearms being sold in this year alone it would be a long shot.
Yep we can buy the usual .22LR which is the most popular (probably to do with the cheaper ammo) .223's and .308's are available.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
What do you guys think about this $200.00 tax Biden is proposing that would even apply to guns already owned? Is this even legal? Would you pay it? Sounds completely unconstitutional to me but I’m no legal expert.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,700 Posts
What do you guys think about this $200.00 tax Biden is proposing that would even apply to guns already owned? Is this even legal? Would you pay it? Sounds completely unconstitutional to me but I’m no legal expert.
Constitution? never heard of it.:oops:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I appreciate that you guys in USA have major concerns around your shooting future at the moment.
Here is a you tube clip of the latest (ridiculous) "amendment" to the firearm legislation in the UK - this relates to Northern Ireland and was brought in over the Christmas period with no consultation with anyone! I am just posting this to let you see how crazy legislation can be!!

For your information;
PSNI - Police service for Northern Ireland
FAC = Firearms certificate
FEB = Firearms and Explosives branch (police)

Hopefully this link will work.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,700 Posts
I appreciate that you guys in USA have major concerns around your shooting future at the moment.
Here is a you tube clip of the latest (ridiculous) "amendment" to the firearm legislation in the UK - this relates to Northern Ireland and was brought in over the Christmas period with no consultation with anyone! I am just posting this to let you see how crazy legislation can be!!

For your information;
PSNI - Police service for Northern Ireland
FAC = Firearms certificate
FEB = Firearms and Explosives branch (police)

Hopefully this link will work.

Your system is very similar to our BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives) and NFA (National Firearm Act) If a citizen wants to go through the headaches and waiting they can apply for those items covered under the NFA. Things like Short Barreled Rifles and Shotguns, Fully Automatic firearms, suppressors and a few other classes of weapons. It’s usually a long wait for the paperwork to clear to take possession of said items, I’ve seen longer than a year for suppressors. Plus a tax stamp which costs $200 per item that goes to the federal government.

Now Joe Biden is proposing that all semiautomatic “assault weapons” and even magazines be added to the NFA registration along with $200 tax on each.

Who knows what’s going to happen.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts