Glock Firearms banner

41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
743 Posts
PA shouldn't be anywhere higher than #20 on that list , some of the states lower have some ridiculous hoops (either monetary or training requirements) for people to jump thru just to get a carry permit or purchase a firearm.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Now Kansas has a left Governor, Gun and ammo shortage might happen ln 2020 election.
Yeah, I hear you. I’m in Kansas, and I’ll be focusing on gun/ammo acquisition for the next couple years. I wonder if I should buy a silencer or two...

Reactions: glockoid

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yeah, I hear you. I’m in Kansas, and I’ll be focusing on gun/ammo acquisition for the next couple years. I wonder if I should buy a silencer or two...
Can you go to another state and buy ammo/guns or are your firearms restricted to where you live?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,836 Posts
Can you go to another state and buy ammo/guns or are your firearms restricted to where you live?
Most states can't control ammo purchases. Some states forbid mail order ammo purchases. California, New York, New Jersey have hurdles to purchase ammo. Some states have ammo type restrictions and further prohibition on application, like lead ammo while hunting.
You can buy long guns in any state but they must be legal in your home state. Handguns are restricted to your home state. You can buy long guns and pistols mail order/internet but it has to be transferred by a FFL(gun store) in your home state and must be legal in that state.
By legal in that state, certain states have a maximum magazine capacity on guns. Usually around 10 round mags for restricted states. California has a handgun roster. Only pistols on that list are legal to buy new there. It's confusing and maddening.
These only affect legal gun owners. Criminals laugh.

·
Registered
400 Posts
We will retain our governor and may lose our senate seat to a moderate dem but the state legislature has always held up the gun laws regardless of who is in power. Things will get worse in general because the country is gone and beyond repair. I only hope I’m dead before we’re completely under dictatorship .... but make no mistake, it is happening.
I also live in AZ and literally almost cried when Kyrsten Sinema won. I have been happy here but don’t know how long I will stay. My wife has a lot of family here, but she has stated once her parents are gone, we are moving.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I buy ammo out-of-state all the time, when I buy online. I’ve never bought guns any other way except in a gun store in the state of my residence, but I guess I can buy a gun online too.

·
Super Moderator
69,892 Posts
Yes you can buy guns as well as ammo online. You can also buy firearms from individuals from other state through the mail as well. It has to be sent from their FLl to your FFL. It's really easy.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Yes you can buy guns as well as ammo online. You can also buy firearms from individuals from other state through the mail as well. It has to be sent from their FFL to your FFL. It's really easy.
Thank you for clarifying that, Lee.

Reactions: TheKraken

·
Super Moderator
60,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I also live in AZ and literally almost cried when Kyrsten Sinema won. I have been happy here but don’t know how long I will stay. My wife has a lot of family here, but she has stated once her parents are gone, we are moving.
MOVE TO FLORIDA! I am happy to say that we went from one Republican Senator to two and we went to a more conservative Governor. I predict good things in the GUNSHINE State.

·
Registered
400 Posts
MOVE TO FLORIDA! I am happy to say that we went from one Republican Senator to two and we went to a more conservative Governor. I predict good things in the GUNSHINE State.
Just too damn humid in Florida.
I love the dry heat here in AZ.
Just too many damn liberals from California moving here and brining their stupid ideas with them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
#38 Washington. It's a shame, too, because I grew up in Washington, and really like it here.:(

I left commiefornia over this crap. The Left Coast has gone full on communist, and there's no turning it back.

I am voting with my feet, again. I'm looking forward to living in an American state, once again. I wanted to go to Wyoming, but the wife chose Tennessee, instead. #12 is better than #38!

·
Premium Member
12,741 Posts
#38 Washington. It's a shame, too, because I grew up in Washington, and really like it here.:(

I left commiefornia over this crap. The Left Coast has gone full on communist, and there's no turning it back.

I am voting with my feet, again. I'm looking forward to living in an American state, once again. I wanted to go to Wyoming, but the wife chose Tennessee, instead. #12 is better than #38!
Once my parents are no longer with us. I’m outta WA also.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Come to Oklahoma,
We love good ole gun toten folks. And #6 is better than #12.
Thanks for the invite, but 90% of our stuff is already in TN.

·
Super Moderator
69,892 Posts
Ah shucks!
Well you will love TN. We visit there quite a bit. I will be in Nashville from December 30 through Jan. 7 at a convention. Love it there.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
For those interested...

Gun ownership by state

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/gu...972c&vndid=00474a66c55d0c6edfd2589c64ab95a565

1. Alaska - 61.7 %
2. Arkansas - 57.9 %
3. Idaho - 56.9 %
4. West Virginia - 54.2 %
5. Wyoming - 53.8 %
6. Montana - 52.3 %
7. New Mexico - 49.9 %
8. Alabama - 48.9 %
9. North Dakota - 47.9 %
10. Hawaii - 45.1 %
11. Louisiana - 44.5 %
12. South Carolina - 44.4 %