Glock Firearms banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I’m all for buying guns and ammo, but shop machines are a solid buy too. Maybe compromise.... hate to see you go all in on guns and regret it.
Yeah, I know what you mean. But I'm not sure I can afford as much milling machine as I want, AND as much Glock/ammo/accessories I want. We'll see... maybe I'll compromise, as you say!

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
And no surprise NY is number 1...lol!
Actually, NY is number 51... not number 1. But I know what you mean, though... it's #1 on the "we hate guns and don't care about your personal safety" list.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,837 Posts
One thing to keep in mind... this chart will probably have to be revised after the mid-term elections. The chart shows Arizona as #1, but believe it or not it’s dangerously close to becoming a blue state. When the wife & I left Arizona it was getting more and more infected with Kalifornia politics. The cancer is metastasizing rapidly, unless the radical left is stomped into the dirt where they belong.
Other states are not immune to cancer either.
Born and raised in the People's Republic of New Jersey. Whereas New York outranks NJ, NY has a very large part of the state that is very Pro-gun and gets steamrolled by Albany and NYC. New Jersey is overwhelmingly anti-gun. The gun owning minority is looked down upon by politicians and elites. Dismissed as archaic Neanderthals, NJ gun owners are constantly crushed by a never satiated political machine that issues never ending laws that unlike California and NY are enforced and executed to the limits.
I moved to Texas after the NJ AWB went into effect and basically made me a felon overnight.
Imagine my surprise when candidates I voted for actually won!
Texas is now exploding in population.
While Texans welcome the flood of new citizens. A lot are vocal about keeping PC culture and liberal voting habits back where they came from.

·
Low speed High drag
2,152 Posts
2 more weeks and I can apply for my NY permit! I still need 2-3 references so they can be mailed a questionnaire about me the must answer! This process is so ridiculous! OH!!! And I must submit a picture of a safe bolted to my wall or floor!
So so Dumb!
I'm going for full carry,but I'd settle for a Sportsmans permit.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Greywood, sorry you're enduring that. Sounds ridiculous.

·
Low speed High drag
2,152 Posts
Greywood, sorry you're enduring that. Sounds ridiculous.
I'm amazed at the gun laws here! Some of them have to be illegal somehow!? I've also heard that NY has 60 or 90 days to issue a permit which is a NYS law,but for some reason this law is overlooked. I plan on finding out more about it. Today was the 1st I've heard about it.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,837 Posts
I'm amazed at the gun laws here! Some of them have to be illegal somehow!? I've also heard that NY has 60 or 90 days to issue a permit which is a NYS law,but for some reason this law is overlooked. I plan on finding out more about it. Today was the 1st I've heard about it.
With a Solid 5-4 Supreme Court hopefully these clear denial of 2A rights will be challenged and reversed!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Think yourself lucky, in the UK it will take at least that time, plus you need to consent for your doctor to be contacted, plus anything more than a shotgun requires proof of club membership and a supporting email from them to justify why you need/want the firearm. Then it is likely that the police might visit your home to check on your security - gun cabinet (or just to check you out, although this is denied!). After that, just wait for the letter coming through the post allowing you to go to your firearms dealer to collect what you applied for. A friend of mine waited 26 weeks for a variation of his license to add another .22 rifle! :mad:
Sorry about the rant!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,837 Posts
Think yourself lucky, in the UK it will take at least that time, plus you need to consent for your doctor to be contacted, plus anything more than a shotgun requires proof of club membership and a supporting email from them to justify why you need/want the firearm. Then it is likely that the police might visit your home to check on your security - gun cabinet (or just to check you out, although this is denied!). After that, just wait for the letter coming through the post allowing you to go to your firearms dealer to collect what you applied for. A friend of mine waited 26 weeks for a variation of his license to add another .22 rifle! :mad:
Sorry about the rant!
Unlike UK the US fought a revolution and wrote a Bill of Rights to protect the citizenry from such oppression. A large amount of our politicians that swear fidelity to our Constitution do so only as an act of tradition and have no thought as to adhering to it and violating it.

·
Very Cool Member
2,990 Posts
Mine is Washington (#38).

·
Very Cool Member
2,990 Posts
21 - 40 of 109 Posts