2,000 lives ruined an counting....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Support Gunner, May 22, 2012.

1. Last edited: May 22, 2012
  2. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

That would suck so bad to serve 10+ years in prison for a crime you didn't commit. Every criminal says they are innocent so no one would believe you when you really are.

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

SG: edited title of thread for ya!

4. Thanks, I was just trying to save the space on the title.

5. Yup your voice would go unheard and you would be trapped. Never knowing if the truth will come to light.

I bet the phrase, "The truth will set you free" will never leave their minds lol.

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

No doubt man. And the thing is, I have seen many actual criminals leave prison quite early because truth in sentencing is not very good around these parts, yet these innocent people somehow get stuck in jail for 11 years on average. What's up with that?

7. X1

Im glad I'm not the only one who noticed this!

8. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Well, fortunately, with the ever increasing improvements in forensics, the number of false convictions should be coming down dramatically. Of course, there's no way to tell if someone is not wrongly convicted...

But with DNA and other forensic science improvements, I'd be far less concerned about this now than 10 or 20 years ago. After all, it's these improvements that are setting these wrongly convicted people free.