Glock Forum banner
41 - 60 of 542 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
And i love my Glocks most.In a rudimentary way. The perfect functioning gun. But if you dont think these 1911's are mighty handsome? Well, I just wouldnt know what more to say!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,457 Posts
dutchs said:
And i love my Glocks most.In a rudimentary way. The perfect functioning gun. But if you dont think these 1911's are mighty handsome? Well, I just wouldnt know what more to say!
I love my SR1911 just never used it cuz it wasn't practical for me. It was to pretty to take out and after I showed it off the luster kinda went away UNLIKE my Glocks ..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,457 Posts
Danzig said:
Pink might make it a sissy gun. Love Glocks but I am polyamorous when it comes to firearms.
I understand I just found what I like now and I'm happy .. I use to be a diehard Ruger fan but all those darn safety's that are on there them,I just got fed up with them.. I'm down to 2 rugers now and don't for once regret switching over.. I guess I'm a brand diva I find one I love and stay loyal till there product starts to suck.. But also the slide plate pic was just funny to me .. I can't wait to post pics of it on my G30
 

·
Load Bearing Wall
Joined
·
4,095 Posts
Just have my old Colt Mark IV, Series 80 Government Model. Bought it new when they first came out, carried it till I got the Glock 21 Gen 4, and my Springfield XDM 4.5 Not all tricked out on the outside. Crimson Trace Laser Grips, and a nice trigger job. Still shoots fine.









 

·
Click Click Boom
Joined
·
45,268 Posts
dutchs said:
Stop it!!!! Now a 1911 has been put on my MUST HAVE list!! What a great looking bunch of pistols!!!
Me too I ve been debating between a AK or a 1911 for my next but I think I am going with a 1911 now
 

·
Click Click Boom
Joined
·
45,268 Posts
hoovco said:
You guys suck so bad ... Now I'm itching to get a 1911.
Same here man...
 

·
Click Click Boom
Joined
·
45,268 Posts
Glocknload said:
I ordered this for my G30 that's coming in .. It's my feelings perfectly lol
Haha 2 funny...
 

·
Click Click Boom
Joined
·
45,268 Posts
santhony said:
Excuse my ignorance but who made the original 1911? And what did the troops carry?
I believe John Browning was the inventor and the troops carried colts
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,457 Posts
santhony said:
Excuse my ignorance but who made the original 1911? And what did the troops carry?
John Moses Browning January 23, 1855[1] – November 26, 1926), born in Ogden, Utah, was an American firearms designer who developed many varieties of military and civilian firearms, cartridges, and gun mechanisms, many of which are still in use around the world. He is arguably the most important figure in the development of modern automatic and semi-automatic firearms and is credited with 128 gun patents.[2] He made his first firearm at age 13 in his father's gun shop, and was awarded his first patent on October 7, 1879 at the age of 24.[3]

Browning influenced nearly all categories of firearms design. He invented or made significant improvements to single-shot, lever-action, and slide-action, rifles and shotguns. His most significant contributions were arguably in the area of autoloading firearms. He developed the first autoloading pistols that were both reliable and compact by inventing the telescoping bolt, integrating the bolt and barrel shroud into what is known as the pistol slide. Browning's telescoping bolt design is now found on nearly every modern semi-automatic pistol, as well as several modern fully automatic weapons. He also developed the first gas-operated machine gun, the Colt-Browning Model 1895—a system that surpassed mechanical recoil operation to become the standard for most high-power self-loading firearm designs worldwide. Browning would also make significant contributions to automatic cannon development.

Browning's most successful designs include the M1911 pistol, the Browning .50 caliber machine gun, the Browning Automatic Rifle, and the Browning Auto-5, a ground-breaking semi-automatic shotgun. These arms are nearly identical today to those assembled by Browning, with only minor changes in detail and cosmetics. Even today, John Browning's guns are still some of the most copied guns in the world.
 

·
Click Click Boom
Joined
·
45,268 Posts
Glocknload said:
John Moses Browning January 23, 1855[1] – November 26, 1926), born in Ogden, Utah, was an American firearms designer who developed many varieties of military and civilian firearms, cartridges, and gun mechanisms, many of which are still in use around the world. He is arguably the most important figure in the development of modern automatic and semi-automatic firearms and is credited with 128 gun patents.[2] He made his first firearm at age 13 in his father's gun shop, and was awarded his first patent on October 7, 1879 at the age of 24.[3]

Browning influenced nearly all categories of firearms design. He invented or made significant improvements to single-shot, lever-action, and slide-action, rifles and shotguns. His most significant contributions were arguably in the area of autoloading firearms. He developed the first autoloading pistols that were both reliable and compact by inventing the telescoping bolt, integrating the bolt and barrel shroud into what is known as the pistol slide. Browning's telescoping bolt design is now found on nearly every modern semi-automatic pistol, as well as several modern fully automatic weapons. He also developed the first gas-operated machine gun, the Colt-Browning Model 1895—a system that surpassed mechanical recoil operation to become the standard for most high-power self-loading firearm designs worldwide. Browning would also make significant contributions to automatic cannon development.

Browning's most successful designs include the M1911 pistol, the Browning .50 caliber machine gun, the Browning Automatic Rifle, and the Browning Auto-5, a ground-breaking semi-automatic shotgun. These arms are nearly identical today to those assembled by Browning, with only minor changes in detail and cosmetics. Even today, John Browning's guns are still some of the most copied guns in the world.
Thanks for the info figured someone would be along with a great explanation...
 
41 - 60 of 542 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top