Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No warning shots here
457 Posts
I have a Spingfield Loaded Lightweight Champion and is one of my favorites. Waiting on an Emp in 40 cal. 1911's are sweet shooters for sure there is no better trigger pull than one on a 1911.

·
No warning shots here
457 Posts
Those look like VZ grips. I have the Frag grips made by VZ Grips on my Springer. They make quality g10 grips kinda pricey but almost any 1911 is pricey and they look and feel awesome!

·
No warning shots here
457 Posts
I don't want to thread jack but have anybody that has Springers tried the Tripp Cobra Mags? Im thinking on getting some but I'm not trying to throw money away. I have tied a few different mags and a lot won't lock my slide back.

·
No warning shots here
457 Posts
I'm leaning towards the Wilson's, I will try them out the next time I'm at my LGS. Thanks for the reply. So you don't have any issues I presume with your Springers and the Wilson's not locking your slide back? The factory mags I got with my 3 previous Springers all have run flawlessly but I don't like the feel of them. I still have one of my loaded coupons, that I'm going to use and get their 10 rounders, I just want to add a few reliable 8 rounders to the stable.

·
No warning shots here
457 Posts
I've been looking a lot on the web everybody is always praising those wilson mags. I been on the 1911 platform for a good while now and everyone has been a Springer so far. I have been never the type of person to try and fix something that isn't broken and I never replaced any of the factory mags, it's just Springfield doesn't offer the 8 round mags.

·
No warning shots here
457 Posts
I looked on their as well and Hilton is praising those CMC Powermags I ran those in my previous Springer and had ftf and slide not locking back. I'm almost going to purchase a Wilson slide lock so I can run those Wilson's without an issue. I know quite a few people that have done that and I'm probably next in line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.