Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Birddogyz said:
I have the SA Range Officer. Love it.
I think this will be my first 1911. Still trying to decide if I am going to get a 1911 or a ak 47 next

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
dutchs said:
Stop it!!!! Now a 1911 has been put on my MUST HAVE list!! What a great looking bunch of pistols!!!
Me too I ve been debating between a AK or a 1911 for my next but I think I am going with a 1911 now

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
hoovco said:
You guys suck so bad ... Now I'm itching to get a 1911.
Same here man...

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Glocknload said:
I ordered this for my G30 that's coming in .. It's my feelings perfectly lol
Haha 2 funny...

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
santhony said:
Excuse my ignorance but who made the original 1911? And what did the troops carry?
I believe John Browning was the inventor and the troops carried colts

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Glocknload said:
John Moses Browning January 23, 1855[1] – November 26, 1926), born in Ogden, Utah, was an American firearms designer who developed many varieties of military and civilian firearms, cartridges, and gun mechanisms, many of which are still in use around the world. He is arguably the most important figure in the development of modern automatic and semi-automatic firearms and is credited with 128 gun patents.[2] He made his first firearm at age 13 in his father's gun shop, and was awarded his first patent on October 7, 1879 at the age of 24.[3]

Browning influenced nearly all categories of firearms design. He invented or made significant improvements to single-shot, lever-action, and slide-action, rifles and shotguns. His most significant contributions were arguably in the area of autoloading firearms. He developed the first autoloading pistols that were both reliable and compact by inventing the telescoping bolt, integrating the bolt and barrel shroud into what is known as the pistol slide. Browning's telescoping bolt design is now found on nearly every modern semi-automatic pistol, as well as several modern fully automatic weapons. He also developed the first gas-operated machine gun, the Colt-Browning Model 1895—a system that surpassed mechanical recoil operation to become the standard for most high-power self-loading firearm designs worldwide. Browning would also make significant contributions to automatic cannon development.

Browning's most successful designs include the M1911 pistol, the Browning .50 caliber machine gun, the Browning Automatic Rifle, and the Browning Auto-5, a ground-breaking semi-automatic shotgun. These arms are nearly identical today to those assembled by Browning, with only minor changes in detail and cosmetics. Even today, John Browning's guns are still some of the most copied guns in the world.
Thanks for the info figured someone would be along with a great explanation...

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
aggiesam said:
Sold my Kimber Grand Raptor in favor of a Springfield TRP Tactical. The TRP is so nice!
That my friend is a beautiful firearm.. Do you mind me asking what they go for..

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
epat said:
hey guys, I do not know why but just bought this Gold Cup, because it was there :confused:
I should have just bought ammo.
Very Nice! I do t know much about 1911s but that just made it to the top of my list when I buy one :)

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I don't think I ever added mine to the thread.

Dan Wesson Pointman 7

Attachments

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Not sure if I ever posted to this thread. Here's my Dan Wesson PM 7

Attachments

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Danzig said:
They are very tastefully done. I like the way they make them.
Thanks, Danzig..

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
J-Will said:
For you guys not on instagram. bike builder Jesse James is making his own rifles and 1911s now. This is the 1911 he revealed tonight....
Figured it was only a matter of time!

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
ANIMAL!!! said:
Get a 1911. Don't let an exploded diagram scare you away from a true masterpiece. You won't regret it. And wait til you see all the "mods" ;) for the 1911 platform, your head will look like that diagram. :D
+1! It is a bit of work compared but it is a masterpiece and a firearm forever stamped in history. I'll always have one in the safe.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Danzig said:
He probably has/had amazing lawyers. I'm not really sure about it though but safe to say he has to be felony free to be in that business. ...I think.
He also owns a ton of full auto rifles and has showed them off on TV more than once. Pretty sure he's beat any charges

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.