Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering about an 1911. I have notice that a lot of different famous gun companies make them. Any idea or comments about a couple of really good 1911 pistol that are not necessary expensive to be good, or if expensive is the only choice to get a good one, wish one are they?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm wondering about an 1911. I have notice that a lot of different famous gun companies make them. Any idea or comments about a couple of really good 1911 pistol that are not necessary expensive to be good, or if expensive is the only choice to get a good one, wish one are they?
The low end one is a Rock Island, a good entry level 1911 with good customer service.

The mid range are Colt, Springfield, Sig Sauer all have good warranties. Kimber is OK too but only 1 year warranty.

The higher end ones are Les Baer, Wilson Combat and the likes, everyone says you will not be disappointed with these. Just out of my price range.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I'm not in the market right now , Gussying up my SAVAGE HOG HUNTER at the moment, but after that the Sprinfield would be my choice, I love a .45 and the 1911 is a gun I will eventually own. Love em.

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
Another question on 1911's, are the .38 Supers good calibers?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Levelcross said:
The low end one is a Rock Island, a good entry level 1911 with good customer service.

The mid range are Colt, Springfield, Sig Sauer all have good warranties. Kimber is OK too but only 1 year warranty.

The higher end ones are Les Baer, Wilson Combat and the likes, everyone says you will not be disappointed with these. Just out of my price range.
Cool, that simplified a lot. I'll do some research based on those!

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
That's an awesome looking 1911, but my favorite is the Kimber Eclipse Custom II chambered for the 10mm. Check out my threads, I just posted a new thread called 10mm love that shows it.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
My first 1911 I ever owned I got in a trade last December. It was a Colt 1911. The value of the trade was about $450. I cerakoted the slide in stainless, added an ambi-safety (I'm a southpaw), changed out the main spring housing, polished the trigger internals, grips, and recoil spring assembly. All in all I put in about $200 into the gun and sold it for $700.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Argyle_Armoring said:
My first 1911 I ever owned I got in a trade last December. It was a Colt 1911. The value of the trade was about $450. I cerakoted the slide in stainless, added an ambi-safety (I'm a southpaw), changed out the main spring housing, polished the trigger internals, grips, and recoil spring assembly. All in all I put in about $200 into the gun and sold it for $700.

Before:

After:
Nice job!!

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
savage07 said:
Are 1911 easy to conceal?
They make them in all different sizes similar to glock they have ones for carry, my uncle has carried a 1911 since I could remember.

Attachments

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Not really. My Series 80 doesn't like semi-jacketed hollow points, but it feeds Winchester Ranger T's, and Hornady Zmax just fine.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess when this pistol was designed hollow point didn't exist? But I'm not sure if hollow point is an issue for the newest pistols...?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a kimber custom II (price is around 750), and it has fed everything I have ran through it flawlessly, going on 800 rds now. Thats everything from a variety of hollow points, fmj, and lead ball.

Attachments

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
EclecticGlocker said:
I have a kimber custom II (price is around 750), and it has fed everything I have ran through it flawlessly, going on 800 rds now. Thats everything from a variety of hollow points, fmj, and lead ball.
Beautiful gun! Wish I could get one around here for that price

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
EclecticGlocker said:
Wow! That's a really beautiful gun!! And a really nice price! I want one about the same size but not sure if is gonna feel comfortable and concealable... What do you think?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts