1911?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by savage07, May 16, 2012.

1. savage07

savage07 New Member

I'm wondering about an 1911. I have notice that a lot of different famous gun companies make them. Any idea or comments about a couple of really good 1911 pistol that are not necessary expensive to be good, or if expensive is the only choice to get a good one, wish one are they?

2. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

The low end one is a Rock Island, a good entry level 1911 with good customer service.

The mid range are Colt, Springfield, Sig Sauer all have good warranties. Kimber is OK too but only 1 year warranty.

The higher end ones are Les Baer, Wilson Combat and the likes, everyone says you will not be disappointed with these. Just out of my price range.

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I'm not in the market right now , Gussying up my SAVAGE HOG HUNTER at the moment, but after that the Sprinfield would be my choice, I love a .45 and the 1911 is a gun I will eventually own. Love em.

4. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

Another question on 1911's, are the .38 Supers good calibers?

5. savage07

savage07 New Member

Cool, that simplified a lot. I'll do some research based on those!

6. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

.38 super is an awesome caliber, but it's a bit pricey and hard to find. At least in my area.

7. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

8. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

That's an awesome looking 1911, but my favorite is the Kimber Eclipse Custom II chambered for the 10mm. Check out my threads, I just posted a new thread called 10mm love that shows it.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  9. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

after all... it is called a Colt 1911...

10. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

My first 1911 I ever owned I got in a trade last December. It was a Colt 1911. The value of the trade was about $450. I cerakoted the slide in stainless, added an ambi-safety (I'm a southpaw), changed out the main spring housing, polished the trigger internals, grips, and recoil spring assembly. All in all I put in about $200 into the gun and sold it for $700.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

11. savage07

savage07 New Member

Nice job!!

12. savage07

savage07 New Member

Are 1911 easy to conceal?

13. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

They make them in all different sizes similar to glock they have ones for carry, my uncle has carried a 1911 since I could remember.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  14. savage07

savage07 New Member

Do they tend to jam if you use hallow point ammo?

15. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Not really. My Series 80 doesn't like semi-jacketed hollow points, but it feeds Winchester Ranger T's, and Hornady Zmax just fine.

16. savage07

savage07 New Member

I guess when this pistol was designed hollow point didn't exist? But I'm not sure if hollow point is an issue for the newest pistols...?

17. I have a kimber custom II (price is around 750), and it has fed everything I have ran through it flawlessly, going on 800 rds now. Thats everything from a variety of hollow points, fmj, and lead ball.

Attached Files:

• good.jpg
      good.jpg
      File size:
      34.1 KB
      Views:
  18. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Beautiful gun! Wish I could get one around here for that price

19. savage07

savage07 New Member

Wow! That's a really beautiful gun!! And a really nice price! I want one about the same size but not sure if is gonna feel comfortable and concealable... What do you think?