Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by GoldSpursG22, Mar 17, 2012.

1. GoldSpursG22

GoldSpursG22 New Member

Is it true that Glock is making a 1911?

2. Did you stumble upon this fake photo?

[​IMG]

3. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

still love that picture. lol

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum GoldSpursG22 !!

Glock make a 1911...not in my lifetime ?!

5. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

A 1911, shotgun, flame thrower... I'm pretty sure if Glock would put it out, I'd want one.:cool:

6. GoldSpursG22

GoldSpursG22 New Member

Maybe they'll make a death ray out of polymer. Glock makes enough good stuff so they probably wouldn't make a 1911.

7. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

It seems a few years ago I heard talk of Glock working on an assault rifle and put in on the back burner. Was I dreaming this or did anybody else hear this too?

8. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

9. That would be cool, but I doubt they will. Their sales are so high now, that the R&D would cut into production.

10. Seawolf

Seawolf New Member

During an interview during the 2011 shot show the GLock rep admitted on camera that Glock was in fact working on a carbine, but would not release any details only to stay tuned for something at the 2012 shot show. Flash ahead to this years Shot and we heard nothing from Glock. Now maybe that could the be the calm before the storm or they decided they weren't going to do a carbine afterall. One thing is for sure when it comes to stuff like this if they are making one they are keeping tight lipped until they are absolutely ready to tell everyone about it.

The AR market is so saturated right now I don't see Glock making a lot of money off of an AR platform except from those few diehard Glock fans so my guess is they will wait until there is a chance to get a Govt contract out of the deal. Personally I hope they come out with a carbine in the 5.45 cartridge based loosley on the AK design more so than the AR platform.

11. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I have to agree to dis agree... The AR market is saturated but if you look online to buy any AR part or piece all name brand manufactures are on back order and are extremely backed up. If you through a well known reliable manufacture like Glock in the mix the market place is gonna go crazy.

Just like Nike or any other big name no matter what they get into there gonna sell and sell big. They have a big fan base and a name that markets itself.

I think anything Glock does( keeping with there strict detail to reliability of course) will sell big

12. Seawolf

Seawolf New Member

Well if they do an AR style carbine it better be gas piston and cheap because the competition is just too tight. Personally I think if they slapped Glock on the side of a 5.56 bullpup they would sell more, but that's just me. Kel Tec is on the right path. You can't find these right now they can't get them off the line fast enough.

[​IMG]

13. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

+ 1 agreed