Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my first 1911, the thought of disassembling and reassembling it was a bit intimidating. So, I decided to make this video, shot in a well lit interior studio type setting, with clear, close ups and explanations. Respectfully offered for your use and consideration and sharing with others.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_g-o2H8us[/ame]

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Great video, thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you liked it.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Thanks for putting up the vid, I'm sure it will help a lot of folks. And that's a good thing.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,026 Posts
Great vid. Only thing I do different is flip gun upright as soon as I have the slide started back onto the frame. That keeps swinging link in the right place for the slide stop. I also put the gun flat on a padded surface and use both index fingers and thumbs to control the slide stop while pushing it in to avoid the dreaded IDIOT SCRATCH. Some slide stops are difficult to put in passed the slide stop plunger. Using both hands and pushing the slide stop in and slightly up should do it safely.
To future purchasers of 1911's. Look at the area that the slide stop would scratch even onto the slide.

Automotive lighting Input device Office equipment Audio equipment Gas

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Material property

2 different 1911's w/ idiot scratches.

Attachments

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ouch. That had to hurt.

I have not put one on any of my 1911, but I managed to nick my buddy's Commander size 1911.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,026 Posts
I didn't do those. One is my brother's. He was having difficulty putting it back together. A know it all said he could do it. He handed it back to my brother with a brand new idiot scratch. A tough lesson to learn. I never let anyone put my gun together.

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm with you on that.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I didn't do those. One is my brother's. He was having difficulty putting it back together. A know it all said he could do it. He handed it back to my brother with a brand new idiot scratch. A tough lesson to learn. I never let anyone put my gun together.
Amen to that! I take my firearms apart and put them back together myself. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts