Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have never personally shot 180gr only 165gr. Is it any good. I've heard people say that the 180gris to much for the .40cal and it was intended for the 10mm.

Is it not good to shoot it out of a .40?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
287 Posts
Just a little more recoil is all. I like the 165gr myself but I have shot the 180gr all you get is a little more recoil, it will not hurt your Glock at all. SHOOT-EM!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
david1962hd said:
Just a little more recoil is all. I like the 165gr myself but I have shot the 180gr all you get is a little more recoil, it will not hurt your Glock at all. SHOOT-EM!!!
I thought so just wanted to check first thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
I shoot both. I used to only use 180gr. for competition until I loaded 165 and didn't know. I felt no difference and my accuracy wasn't affected at all.
 

·
"The Sarge"
Joined
·
668 Posts
Usually the 180gr loadings are the softest shooting 40. The 40S&W was born as a 180gr JHP for law enforcement and most pistols were designed around this loading. Bill
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,810 Posts
I've found the 180gr Sub-Sonic stuff to be a lot easier to shoot as far as recoil goes. The 155-165gr stuff is loaded up hotter and IMHO has a lot more "snap" to it then a [email protected] 40cal load. This was a "secret" that I didn't learn until my last 40cal, a Beretta PX4 Storm. The local WalMart only had 180gr stuff on hand so I got a box and was amazed at how different the recoil was between it and the 165gr stuff I'd been shooting was.
I still think that the 45acp is a lot easier to shoot then the 40cal from my personal experience with both rounds but if you have to shoot the 40 then the 180gr is the way to go.
 

·
Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!
Joined
·
563 Posts
180 won't hurt it but u mine as well go with the 10mm 200gr gives you a rush
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,740 Posts
I'm a fan of the 180 grain. It shoot more of it than any other caliber
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
675 Posts
I like the 180 grainers for both the 10 and 40. I buy the Rainier plated ones by the thousand. They shoot great in both calibers and are accurate. I use 200 gr. Nosler HP in my 10mm for personnel protection though. Those are real thumpers!
 

·
Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!
Joined
·
563 Posts
pulplv said:
I like the 180 grainers for both the 10 and 40. I buy the Rainier plated ones by the thousand. They shoot great in both calibers and are accurate. I use 200 gr. Nosler HP in my 10mm for personnel protection though. Those are real thumpers!
200hp!!! those local for u are online?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
654 Posts
Just a little more recoil is all. I like the 165gr myself but I have shot the 180gr all you get is a little more recoil, it will not hurt your Glock at all. SHOOT-EM!!!
it is less recoil, 165gr would have more recoil but you would need electronics to detect it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
287 Posts
Tape said:
it is less recoil, 165gr would have more recoil but you would need electronics to detect it.
If electronics is needed to detect, I'll have to go on what I feel without any.
Not saying anybody is wrong, I just know what I feel.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top