Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Glock 27 for 18 years now and I have never replaced any original parts except the recoil spring assembly and slide cover plate with the Lasermax internal setup which was installed when the gun was new. It probably has about 5000 rounds through it? Today I was shooting and got the triangular dent on the upper edge of my casings which appears to be from the need to replace to the newer 28926 ejector. I am not sure if this ejector can be used as a replacement to my faulty one in a Gen2.5 since the thread only refers to Gen3-4 so I am waiting on someone to reply to that thread for clarification.
http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f10/g27-cases-bent-2342/

Once I confirm that I want to order any parts which I am likely due to replace despite no other symptoms of issues being apparent at this time.

I was hoping to get some suggestions for low cost parts which may be of newer design that would make a difference in my 27 model. I figure I may as well give it a little overhaul while breaking it down that far. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Replace the recoil spring and clean the slide components. It would be impossible for anyone to say more without having the pistol in their hand to look at.

As long as you load the pistol thru the magazine you should be fine. Extractors get broken usually by dropping a round in the chamber and then slamming the slide down on it.

Can you post a picture of you trigger housing/ejector?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Being that old, if it hasn't been service it likely needs that 6(?) part upgrade and recoil spring. Though, with a Lasermax, I don't know how you go about getting/replacing the spring. You'd probably have to contact them.

·
Bad News Steel
252 Posts
Really no lie, take it or send it to glock in GA and they will replace everything in the matter of minutes FOR FREE and say thank you. If u have better options do it but really id let them do what they love and enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really no lie, take it or send it to glock in GA and they will replace everything in the matter of minutes FOR FREE and say thank you. If u have better options do it but really id let them do what they love and enjoy.
I never would have thought that they would repair a gun for free? Why would anyone pay for parts then? I would assume that I would need to get a repair authorization from them before sending it in? Thanks!

·
Bad News Steel
252 Posts
Land2Sea said:
I never would have thought that they would repair a gun for free? Why would anyone pay for parts then? I would assume that I would need to get a repair authorization from them before sending it in? Thanks!
Check out the forum named screwed?? This guy was having problems with his ejector so he drove up there and BLAM Everything upgraded and replaced for free another GREAT reason why glock is so great. There CS is amazing. Call em up and see what they can do for ya. There's things everywhere that tell you its all free, but yes np and goodluck.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts

If it makes you feel better you have two choices as mentioned.

Bring it to a GSSF Match near you and the GLOCK armorer will check it out and R/R parts as needed or,
Call GLOCK and tell them what you are seeing and experiencing. Most likely they will say send it in and give you all the necessary information for that.
Once they have your pistol, and armorer will replace any aftermarket parts and replace them with orginial parts. They may, bag and return the aftermarket parts or not.

Ship the pistol back to you and you'll be like the rest of us, happy customers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts