Glock Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I just want your opinions on using the above mentioned pistol to improve one's shooting skill. As we all know nowadays air pistols are quite advanced & there operate just like a real pistol. As I can see the only draw back is lack of recoil. The other aspects of shooting like sight picture, grips & trigger control can be practiced by using air pistol. So in short what do you think guys - by shooting with an air pistol does it help in the way of improving one's shooting / gun handling skill?
If so can anyone suggest how to practice with an air pistol?
Cheers mate & have a nice weekend.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
I would dare say that I shoot my springer air rifle in .177 caliber more than

the other 35 firearms I own...it's great practice !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shooter 13: Thanks for your reply. So how do you feel when you do live firing? Does it help? Thank you.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Yes...it helps. The practice with the springer carries through to all the other types of firearms I own.

Sight picture, trigger control, breathing...

I have grey tree squirrels and chipmunks a plenty to shoot too...so acquistion of a moving target is

also a plus that carries over to hunting with a centerfire. As you pointed out, recoil management is the only thing

that doesn't get carried over...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.