.177 Cal 8 SHOT AIR PISTOL

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by dlff, Mar 9, 2012.

1. dlff

dlff New Member

Hi guys,
    I just want your opinions on using the above mentioned pistol to improve one's shooting skill. As we all know nowadays air pistols are quite advanced & there operate just like a real pistol. As I can see the only draw back is lack of recoil. The other aspects of shooting like sight picture, grips & trigger control can be practiced by using air pistol. So in short what do you think guys - by shooting with an air pistol does it help in the way of improving one's shooting / gun handling skill?
    If so can anyone suggest how to practice with an air pistol?
    Cheers mate & have a nice weekend.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I would dare say that I shoot my springer air rifle in .177 caliber more than

the other 35 firearms I own...it's great practice !!

3. dlff

dlff New Member

Shooter 13: Thanks for your reply. So how do you feel when you do live firing? Does it help? Thank you.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Yes...it helps. The practice with the springer carries through to all the other types of firearms I own.

Sight picture, trigger control, breathing...

I have grey tree squirrels and chipmunks a plenty to shoot too...so acquistion of a moving target is

also a plus that carries over to hunting with a centerfire. As you pointed out, recoil management is the only thing

that doesn't get carried over...