17 to a 21

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Digital21love, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Digital21love

Digital21love New Member

I recently got a Glock 17 love the way it feels and handles have had no problems with it but I want the Glock 21 how much of a recoil difference is there between the guns

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Digital21love !!

Recoil is a perception thing...relevant to the person shooting the firearm.

But, you can bet the recoil of a .45 is more felt than the recoil of a 9...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

3. Digital21love

Digital21love New Member

Thanks SHOOTER13.. the reason I got the 17 was the size fits better in my hands and the standard mag is unmatched I've seen videos for the 21 love the look but hard to find in my county

4. 45AUTO

45AUTO New Member

I've had my 21 for three years now and love the recoil. It's pleasant to me. Upgrades are a lightning strike guide rod and spring, and ghost 3.5 lb trigger connector. It is dead on and I absolutely love it. One of my favorite guns to shoot.

5. Digital21love

Digital21love New Member

45AUTO how does that trigger feel because that's something I want to do with my 17 now than later when I get the 21

6. SHOOTER13

What country we talking about...?

7. Digital21love

Digital21love New Member

*County I live in yakima county, WA I've never seen the 21 around here

8. SHOOTER13

Ooooh... County ! Washington State,

I've been to Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, Spokane, Mount Rainier National Park,

Mount St. Helens and the Yakima US Military Reservation Training Center in my travels for the DoD.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  9. Digital21love

Digital21love New Member

Do you know where I can find the 21 around here without having to get one online

10. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

If you can control the recoil, there is honestly not that big of a difference from 9mm up to .45 ACP. Once you start getting beyond that, you're going to feel it. One of the best pieces of advice I've gotten for controlling recoil is pushing back with your support hand and pushing forward with your strong hand. Don't try to crush the gun, but just apply some pressure, and man that gun doesn't flip up near as much.

11. Digital21love

Digital21love New Member

Thanks for the info definitely gnna get it soon than that was actually my first choice but wanted to start off with the 17 instead because the ammo tends to be cheaper but doesn't have the stopping power of the 45