Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize the g22 barrel won't work in my g17 but if I were to hone the hole for the barrel out on the slide then would everything else work?

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
No. You can convert from larger to smaller caliber but not the other way around. Slight differences in ejectors, breechface, etc.

You can use an entire G22 slide assembly on a G17 frame if you wish and you'll need .40 mags the 9mm wont work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
biggs9599 said:
I realize the g22 barrel won't work in my g17 but if I were to hone the hole for the barrel out on the slide then would everything else work?
That's why I'll never buy a 9mm glock I only buy 40 or higher .i have a 27 I pute a 9mm conversion in it when I
Want it's like 2 guns in one you can only go down in caliber not up but I love glocks there mh favorite gun manufacture they just work

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,454 Posts
I don't know what state you are out of or your financial situation but I think you should get a Glock 22 if you want to have multicalibers. There is a pretty good demand for used Glock 17's. Used police G22's are the cheapest Glocks on the market.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. So I went ahead and bought a g22 slide from a friend of mine and it came with night sights as an added bonus. I went out and shot yesterday with both barrels. It was amazing. Now, is the only thing I need to convert it to 357 the barrel? Or do I need the mag too?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok. So I went ahead and bought a g22 slide from a friend of mine and it came with night sights as an added bonus. I went out and shot yesterday with both barrels. It was amazing. Now, is the only thing I need to convert it to 357 the barrel? Or do I need the mag too?
Buy and use a magazine for the caliber that you are actually shooting. Using a magazine that is not for the caliber will/may cause a lot of feeding problems.

·
Registered
653 Posts
You can use the .40 mags for .357 and have no problems... The followers are slightly different but it will still function without problems...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts