Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a round that is both economical and accurate with power. Also looking for a cheap round for practice that will give the same type performance as my self defense round. Right now I use Hornady 155 grain hollow points when I carry. I used Blazer 200 grain for practice. I loaded a few Hornady rounds at the range and they seemed less harsh and also more accurate.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum AllUNeed10mm !!

Which Glock do you own...G20 or G29 ?

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I would say get a full-powered load such as buffalo bore and use the 180 gr. which is what the 10mm was designed to use. 165 would be good as well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing customized yet.....thinking about a stronger return spring to lessen the recoil a bit. From what I've read, that's the way to go. Joined this site for some education so lets hear it.......
Tried to add a pic....getting an error message saying the application has just crashed...error report sent to developer.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have never shot a 10mm. I really want too. How is the recoil compared to like a G23?
A little more
Ass load more
It may hurt you

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ummm....let me better explain what I'm looking for.....a cheap practice round that reacts accuracy-wise and the same recoil as a good carry load.....didn't like the Blazer 200 grain at all....they were off a bit at anything over 30 yards....the Hornady 155 grain and Winchester 175 grain were excellent but I really liked the feel of the 155 grain Hornady

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Ummm....let me better explain what I'm looking for.....a cheap practice round that reacts accuracy-wise and the same recoil as a good carry load.....didn't like the Blazer 200 grain at all....they were off a bit at anything over 30 yards....the Hornady 155 grain and Winchester 175 grain were excellent but I really liked the feel of the 155 grain Hornady
You want to use same grain ammo and powder load for practice and carry. If you have low-power load for practice and a different grain of bullet, when you shoot a self-defense round (hopefully you will never have to) the recoil is going to surprise you and the POA/POI is going to be different.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah....won't hurt you.....recoil wasn't bad....there was a guy couple stalls down shooting a 357 magnum who came over to see what I was shooting...Lol! I'm a relative noob but I know how to shoot a bit. I'll post some pics of my targets soon.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Jimmy-exactly! So.......if I use a 200 grain practice load then I should be okay using the lighter 155 and 175 grain self defense loads?

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
A great, low priced range ammo with full power behind it would be Georgia Arms and BVAC. I shoot them often out of my 29 and it's very affordable.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! Very good pricing.....definitely affordable. I'll be ordering one of their 1,000 round cans of 180 grain fmj ........and using Winchester 175 grain silver tip hollow points for carry.......I can't wait to get to the range Saturday.......had a blast with my new G20 this weekend...

·
Beak 'em Hawks!
74 Posts
Looking for a round that is both economical and accurate with power. Also looking for a cheap round for practice that will give the same type performance as my self defense round. Right now I use Hornady 155 grain hollow points when I carry. I used Blazer 200 grain for practice. I loaded a few Hornady rounds at the range and they seemed less harsh and also more accurate.
I like the new Herter's ammo for the range. It is aluminum case and nylon jacketed. It is labled as "select grade" which the salesman said meant the same as match grade.

My guns ate it up and I DID seem to find it a bit more accurate. Anyways, I shot the bullseye out of a target at 15 yards, first shot outta the mag! I'd post a pic, but my comp won't recognize the camera's software. Grrrr.

I believe, for now, it comes in 9mm, .45 and .40.

Go to Cabella's web site and you'll find it. I believe it is a Cabella's exclusive.

Try it, you'll like it!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I believe the herters ammo is made by wolf. (Tula) So if you have issues with the Russian stuff it is all made in the same place.

As for bullet weight it depends on what you want to do with it. Any 10mm ammo should have plenty of mass. I don't agree with slowing the round down. (I can't understand why you buy a 10mm just to shoot 1000 fps ammo through it!)

If you plan to hunt with it there are lots of resources to help with bullet selection. For personal protection I like the buffalo bore 180 grn.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts