Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not familiar with the 10mm round. I would like to know how expensive it's to shoot comparing to 45 ACP?

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I own and reload for both the 10 and the 45. I have a Glock 20 and 2 1911's. I hope to not start a war but, I love both calibers but must admit, the 10 mm is the best overall and almost God like when it comes to semi auto pistols. I am thourhoully impressed whenever I pull the trigger on one and the Norwegen ski patrol issues them for Polar bear protection. Now THAT says something about the round whether you believe ME or not!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
savage07 said:
So, are this rounds around the same price range?
Yes, about the same. The 10 mm can be a little harder to find.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Pulplv, I agree, I have the g20 and 1911's. For carry protection in the woods I love the 10mm. The 1911 only sees range time, but I enjoy the feel of a quality 1911.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Birddogyz said:
Yes, about the same. The 10 mm can be a little harder to find.
Depends where you live. The Bass Pro Shop here has 10 mil as does Academy. So that's all I need. Plus all the online stores do So not really a valid point.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
RubenZ said:
Depends where you live. The Bass Pro Shop here has 10 mil as does Academy. So that's all I need. Plus all the online stores do So not really a valid point.
Some of us do not live close to big Sporting stores. Yes you can order online, but it would be nice to run out real fast and get a box with out waiting on UPS. 45 acp is available everywhere, so my point is valid.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I'd go with the 45mm ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would love to shoot a 10mm! I've shot "The Big 3", but not the 10mm. I've watched many videos on it and it looks like an awesome caliber! I think it would be a great home defense round. A little pricey and hard to find locally where I live, so not a range gun. I believe it was developed for the FBI because they wanted a caliber more powerful than the 9mm. But, the recoil was very snappy, so it kinda fell out of popularity. Still seems like an awesome round!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would never use a 10mm for home defense unless you plan on protecting your home from grizzly bears and moose. Lol. 9mm is just enough for home defense. From what I've read.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NvRBanArms said:
I would never use a 10mm for home defense unless you plan on protecting your home from grizzly bears and moose. Lol. 9mm is just enough for home defense. From what I've read.
Don't a 45 ACP drop a grizzly bear or moose just like a 10 mm?

·
Registered
382 Posts
10 mm would be the absolutely lightest round I would tangle with a grizzly with . You would pray that you got the whole magazine into him before the bear was on top of you.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts