10mm Ups And Down about it

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Rlmartin1986, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Rlmartin1986

Rlmartin1986 New Member

not rea sure on the model but ive wanted one just to have one and guessing not but is there a compact model in that

2. glock19desertranger

glock19desertranger New Member

They make a model 20 & 20sf that's full size and a model 29 & 29sf that's a subcompact, they don't make a compact model as far as the glock website says.

3. glock19desertranger

glock19desertranger New Member

http://www.kdeguns.com/images/glockchart.jpg

4. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

The 29 "sub compact" is between the size of the regular compact & sub compact guns.

I carried the 29SF for a while. I love shooting the 10mm, especially in full size guns. The power of the 10mm gives a little extra thrill; it increases your pulse a little more than weaker calibers. It's just all around fun to shoot.

For me, the 29 got to be a little much, because I have arthritis setting in. Even in the SF, the grip was just a little too big for me to fully wrap my hand around, so I can't get the kind of grip I need for it. In other guns, the grips are smaller and easier to handle. I don't know why Glock can't get the grip size down in .45ACP & 10mm, when everyone else has a smaller grip. It's partly because of the magazines, with the polymer being so much thicker and making them so much bigger around than a standard steel magazine. Regardless, my EAA Witness 10mm is much easier to get a grip on than the Glock 10mms.

5. Dusty

Dusty New Member

I love my 29 I just got done with a few mosifications. I replaced the the factory barrel with an extended ported one and a new spring. Also a two shot extension on my mags. The only draw back is the ammo, its a little expensive. About 29$-35$ for a box of 50. Between that and my 1911 I may just go broke lol. But in all honesty I would never sell my 29.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum RLM !!

Moved to the "What Glock Should I Get" sub forum...

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome RLM!! Enjoy!

8. I own a Glock 20. I also have a KKM conversion barrel in .357 Sig and a Lone Wolf conversion barrel in .40 S&W. IMO of all the Glock models, it gives me so much versatility - carrying the G20 in 10mm when I need full power loads, and either of the other calibers at other times. All with the same recoil spring (so far) and mags. I hope to get a G30 or G29 down the road someday.

9. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I also have the G-20. Great powerful caliber. The only draw backs would be price of ammo and the weight for EDC. Other than, it is all GOOD.