Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I sometimes entertain the possibility of a 10mm.

The biggest drawback for me is the price of the ammo.
price of ammo should be considered.I do not shoot as much 10 as I do other calibers which makes it affordable for me.thankfully, I stocked up prior to covid.my g29 is my favorite semi pistol to shoot.

·
Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
I would look at demand and price of ammo before investing in another gun in a new caliber....which is why I added a couple .22lr pistols just before this ammo mess started.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I really like to shoot my model 20,but like stated above,the cost of ammo is a bit more.I stopped buying lottery tickets and use that fund toward ammo. We have a small,local Amish store that carries ammo,he has really competitive prices with my LGS,so I try to get from them.I just bought some ammo for $17 bucks from him,plus it helps out locally. I have a model 43X and model 44 to shoot when I want to shoot cheaper..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I should go for the 29? I have the 30s 45acp but want a bigger bang I read it's not good to put p+Ammo in a glock

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
So I should go for the 29? I have the 30s 45acp but want a bigger bang I read it's not good to put p+Ammo in a glock
I shoot +P ammo but not anything that says +P+. Which isn’t a real SAAMI rating. I have the 30sf, & always regretted not buying the 29sf at the time. So years later I bought the 29.4.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They are interesting and there were several occasions where I thought I might pick up a G20, but I never could justify a real need and just stick with my 9mm Glocks. If I lived where there were bears or something, then maybe.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have been shooting the 20 and 29 for several years and have just purchased the Model 40 MOS. An RMR and MOS high sights will be installed next week. I might add that my shooting background has included 44 and 41 mag. So if you aren't very recoil sensitive the 10 mm is a good choice.
By my observation, the price of 10mm ammo has dropped somewhat.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Local gun shop
50rds
180gr hp
$66 plus tax
I have been shooting the 20 and 29 for several years and have just purchased the Model 40 MOS. An RMR and MOS high sights will be installed next week. I might add that my shooting background has included 44 and 41 mag. So if you aren't very recoil sensitive the 10 mm is a good choice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

1 - 20 of 41 Posts