10mm not To hard to find.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Defendandprotect32, Aug 28, 2020.

1. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Look for 12 gauge 8 shot 1oz Target loads or even 9 shot, it helps with the recoil.
    Or you can add a recoil pad to the gun.
    You already have a 12ga, it would be easier and cheaper to stay with 12 ga.
    The more I shoot it, the more my shoulder gets used to it.

2. Richard Davis

Richard Davis Well-Known Member

That certainly merits consideration j102. 8 or 9 shot 1oz (I assume bird shot), and a good recoil pad. Any recommendations on a good quality recoil pad? I've never shopped for one. Thanks.

3. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

The 1oz or (even better) 7/8oz loads make a difference in felt recoil. I shoot Trap/Skeet with a Beretta semiautomatic which helps too.
    On the 870 for hunting or home defense, I put a Remington SuperCell recoil pad. Please see link below. You would have to select depending if your 870 is synthetic or wood.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-...supercell-recoil-pad-synthetic-prod27058.aspx

4. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

BTW, shop around for the best price.
    There are other recoil pads out there, the Remington SuperCell is an easy, straight forward replacement, no fitting or anything needed.

Richard Davis likes this.
  5. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    Maverick 88,Mossberg 500-590 can shoot mini shells with a opsol mini clip.very easy on a older guy and cycles well out of my shockwave.

6. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have one for my shockwave as well. Love it!!

7. Tondy

Tondy New Member

I just bought 2 500rd 1/2 bricks of 10mm FMJ, 200gr for $220.00 . Not reloads either!
    10mm is in excellent supply around where I live, 9mm not so much, but it is available!.
    I'm also sworn to secrecy.

8. A couple of months ago, I bought an opsol for my (really, my 17 year-old's) Mossberg 500. We haven't had a chance to try out the opsol yet, but I'm finding the mini shells aren't easy to find and are more than $1 per shell. However, I'm glad to hear you say they are "easy on an older guy" because I ended up with a hug bruise on my should when I last shot the Mossberg with regular size shells.

9. Defendandprotect32

Chicago
    Nice price on 10.good for you.

10. Defendandprotect32

Chicago
    I think you will like the option.some are shooting minis out of those shorty shotguns for self defense,some for comfort for practice.I keep shot and slugs depending on range rules.get on the notification list on target sports for them or keep a eye on ammo seek.

11. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

They are fun to shoot out of the shockwave.

12. GlockGhost

GlockGhost Active Member

Yea I got some10mm just to try it out. Was lucky to find a conversion barrel for my G21. It only took 3 weeks for the Glockstore, San Diego, CA., to decide to package it up and send it. I got everything else weeks ago. *** is up with California? They truly have some f’ed up Commies out there.

This past Monday I ordered a Hogue grip from San Diego and I was thinking,,, oh ****, here we go again. It showed up in my mailbox 2 days later. Holy crap, I called Hogue and thanked them, they laughed about my story with the Glockstore.

So the issue is with the Glockstore, they really are screwed up there.

Anyway, This order from the Glockstore was sent out via FedEX this past Wednesday. It arrived in town Friday morning but they would not let me pick it up, I have to wait till this Monday, when it is normally scheduled to arrive.

Yea, again *** FedEX, another commie company. I hope them idiots go out of business.

Whew, I do feel somewhat better but thanks for listening. Never use the Glockstore, even if they open their store in Nashville, TN, as well, avoid FedEX as much as possible for your shipping needs. They Suc!

Danzig likes this.