10mm auto

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by lovemyglock, Mar 25, 2012.

1. lovemyglock

lovemyglock New Member

I recently bought a glock17 and I'm looking to get a more powerful cal. I'm thinking of a glock 20 sf but people seem to love the .40 cal but is there a specific reason?

2. AllUNeed10mm

AllUNeed10mm New Member

Love my GLOCK 20 10mm ......hit 33 out of 34 in a 3 inch target from 50 yards today......and it sounds great! Had people coming over to my stall to watch! Lol! Still got my marksman touch! Was the first time I've shot a gun in 15 years!

3. lovemyglock

lovemyglock New Member

Beauty dude all I needed to hear. In canada 10mm Is rare but to me it seems like its the better round then the 40! and from what I've read it shoots striater, faster and has more punch then a 45acp.

4. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

10mm is pretty hard to find here too, at least in Denver I haven't seen it yet. But ya I'd totally own a 10mm :D

5. lovemyglock

lovemyglock New Member

I mean if the late great Jeff copper designed it, well it has to rock! It's about 23 Canadian for 50 rounds so about as much as 45acp.

6. For sure go big 10 mil Sherwood ammo has some nice ammo for woods and four legged creatures too!Two legged creatures wouldn't stand a chance lol.

7. Tape

Tape New Member

more like a 41 magnum

8. AllUNeed10mm

AllUNeed10mm New Member

Yeah...the 10mm round isn't as common to find as the 40 cal.....but its not like its rare......only place I haven't seen it is Wally world.....but I try not to shop there so who cares....20 rounds of Hornady 155 grain HP/FTP $19.00.....$22.00 for 20 silver tips.....double taps are a bit more, but I don't need those unless I'm out in the woods hunting bear...Lol! Shot her all day at the range and cleaned it up all spic and span tonight.....man, she is beeeeautiful!

9. AllUNeed10mm

AllUNeed10mm New Member

My buddy had his Beretta out with us and the difference in accuracy between his biretta and my 20 was night and day....driving home from the range he said he was going to get a GLOCK on Monday....

10. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I never really could get into Berettas. No reason why just never caught my eye.

11. AllUNeed10mm

AllUNeed10mm New Member

I fired a few rounds through his Beretta.....did not like it at all.....bullets were spraying.....handle was too small....kind of like taking the grips off of your goldlf clubs and then trying to play with them......I think my buddy felt the same way after he shot my 20

12. lovemyglock

lovemyglock New Member

Berettas are a weird gun to shoot the spur always digs into my hand very uncomfortable to shoot

13. AllUNeed10mm

AllUNeed10mm New Member

Yeah......getting a GLOCK as your first gun is kind of like losing your virginity to Marilyn Monroe.........nothing else will satisfy you

14. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I really love 10mm. Having said that most factory target ammo for the 10mm is not very powerful. It is barely more powerful than 40 s&w. (I recently posted pics of the velocities, etc) This goes back to why the 10mm never took off. Read the history of the caliber. Now shooting full power loads and then you get the whole story of what this should be. Full power load ballistics are awesome. A pleasure to shoot. As for recoil, it is totally managable. My wife can shoot it.

So many aweome calibers available for a Glock. Why limit to just one? We have 40, 357 and 10 mm. We may add a G26 in 9mm before too long.

15. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

thats a great way to put it lol! :D

16. mn_slow

mn_slow New Member

My first glock was a 20 and she's super sexy both in feel and power! My buddy brought a glock 19 a 1911 .45 and a xdm .40 to the range and we both loved
    the 20 the most!!

17. Nsane

Nsane New Member

Great post, as I was thinking of trading one of my Glocks for a 20C. I have a Glock 35 which I really don't shoot anymore and was talking with a local shop that has a Glock 20C about trading. I still have a 26, 27, and a 30. Not sure, what do you guys think? Thanks!

18. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

.40 is, essentially, 10mm short. Both use the same bullet, but the 10mm is in a longer case. I love the 10mm round. It's just an all around great round. I had to sell my G29, because it was getting to be too much to handle in that small of a package, but I still have 2 full size 10mms and I doubt I'll ever even consider selling either one. One's a 1911 and I got a .40 barrel for it for versatility. I want to get a .357 Sig barrel for it too.

One great thing about the G20 is that it's got more caliber conversion options, with just a barrel and maybe a magazine change than just about anything else.

19. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I also have the G-20, I mainly use this for a back up weapon while in the woods. The 10MM is a great round, the .40 S&W all grown up.

20. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

Love my 20, shes my edc winter carry and when ever I can wear a jean jacket. Shes pushing a 165 gr GDHP at 1400fps and 718ft/lbs.

Attached Files: