1022 purchase

Discussion in 'North West USA' started by NWG40, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

That’s what had me very interested in them! Also the illumination for the price.

2. NWG40

NWG40 Well-Known Member Supporter

Shopping cart
    Product image Description Quantity Price
    [​IMG]
    1 Type C 1/2-28 5/8-24 Single Core Fuel Filter, 6" Black Titanium5/8-24 / Black 1 $79.99
    [​IMG]
    1 Type C 1/2-28 5/8-24 Single Core Fuel Filter, 6" Black Titanium1/2-28 / Black 1 $79.99

What does your imagination say?

3. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    8B41CE0B-9F8F-4E8C-A9F8-4C4A2BB09B5D.jpeg

Sparky_D likes this.
  4. NWG40

LOL....Yeah misuse of a fuel filter :rolleyes::p:p:p

5. NWG40

Wanted to see the response. Kinda get to know the crowd.
    Kno wut I mean Vern?

Danzig and Sparky_D like this.
  6. helitack32f1

helitack32f1 Well-Known Member

Wow, not sure how i missed this post! Thanks for the information, I love that area but i have to admit, I really do not like shooting near other people unless I know them really well. There are a couple of State sanctioned pits up here as well but I have a father who worked for the state and knows where all the "other" pits are. I just roam around until I find one that isn't occupied. I also have a local pit where I can ask permission and then get free reign but one time I did that and the place filled up with motorcycle riders!

Anyway, Nice 10/22! I bought one with the Magpul stock too and love the gun but so far I haven't found a round it will shoot reliably. The stock is an awesome design. Guess I need to spend some more time working out the bugs with it.

NWG40 likes this.
  7. NWG40

That's what I'll be doing in the near future as I have virtually replaced all the stock parts with aftermarket. The only "stock parts" I retained were the receiver housing and the stock so I do have my work cut out for me. I'll be taking a selection of ammo with me to try. BTW what you don't see is the Hawke Optics 3-9x40 IR scope on it. That came with a .22lr High Velocity reticle out to 200 yds. I had a Simmons 22 mag scope 3-9x40 and it looked like a POS compared to this Hawke.
    You can switch the IR from red to green. Very well built. Maybe overbuilt.

8. NWG40

Well I FINALLY got to Plantation gun range yesterday with the new 10/22 for some dialing in.
    Lucian....I have to tell you these Hawke scope from the U.K. are a tad bit different. I don't think they center the scope because I had to "hunt" for POI. I installed a left hand charging handle w/ a pic rail. By doing so I had to add a whole bunch of elevation but when I got there Ho!y sh!t. This set up rocks! Once sighted in using CCI's I had 1 flyer and the other 19 inside the bulleye dot @50 yds. The trigger mod I did has a flat face. I found that by not gripping the comb and just laying my 3 fingers on the front of it, put my trigger finger flat to it. And with about a 2 lb. pull it was boom, click, boom, click barely moving a 1/4". But had 1 issue. After 110 rounds it "locked" up on me. Couldn't get the bolt open, with a live round in the chamber. Got the safety into safe and had to transport it back home that way. Got the round removed and took the trigger group out. As soon as I did everything went back to normal. I fiddled with it and it locked up again. Found the spring behind the hammer had popped out of the detent. Gotta keep a watch that.
    Other than that, this will shoot the hair off a gnats a$$.

9. NWG40

UPDATE:
    FWIW these Hawke scopes are a crap shoot. I put 2 identical scopes on 2 identical 10/22's and mine sighted in and the other wasn't even close. The only difference is on mine I have the left hand charging handle (which comes with a pic rail which adds height) and on the other it doesn't.
    On the second one I had it maxxed out for elevation and had to use the 175 yd. mark to even come close AT 50 YDS. So I sent the Hawke packing and have a replacement Nikon 150 BDC coming. And if I like how it performs, I'll get one for mine also. Thought I'd give the U.K. stuff a chance, I did, now I'll stick with the homegrown stuff. Lessons learned.

Lucian_253 likes this.
  10. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I have a 2-7x32 Bushell scope on mine. I like compact scopes on a 22 rifle.
    I think that one or a 1-4x32 scope is all we need on a 22lr rifle to shoot up to 100 yards.

11. NWG40

The Nikon is a 2-7x32. How close is the windage knob to the charging handle?

12. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

On the Bushnell, the knobs are not big. It has never been a problem for me. I guess the main thing to consider is the scope rings height. I use medium height rings and it has never been an issue.

13. NWG40

That's all I use is medium height because of the bell and ocular sizes. The Nikon is a P-tactical version with the larger turrets. Been looking for a good .22 scope but the selection is thin in the "available now" category. For me I have the left hand charging handle so it wouldn't be an issue. But for my buddy's 10/22 it may become one. Using medium rings should maintain clearance.

j102 and Lucian_253 like this.
  14. Lucian_253

Did any one else hear that Nikon is going to stop making gun scopes?

15. NWG40

Now that's news to me. I better order another P-tactical before they do.

16. Lucian_253

17. NWG40

Well I guess that decision's made. Thanks for the FYI.

18. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I think I posted in Breaking news a while back.

Lucian_253 and NWG40 like this.
  19. NWG40

Guess I'm getting more ignorant as I get older..:eek: Is that a good thing?:rolleyes:

20. NWG40

Well it seems that after 2 rounds at the range, I still haven't got this 2nd 10/22 to zero changing out 2 scopes and 2 scope bases. Then as I'm tearing it down to clean it the light bulb went on, the scope height is too low. On my 10/22 I have the left hand charging handle. That additional height plus the pic rail above it pushes the scope centerline height up so you use more down adj. than up to zero it. I ordered a Tac-Sol 15 MOA scope base to help out with that & the medium rings should do it. 3rd time's a charm.

Lucian_253 and Danzig like this.