1000 round can of .40 S&W

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Ach127, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Ach127

Ach127 New Member

WV
    Can anyone recommend a site to find bulk .40S&W, and brands I need to stay away from? I want to buy a LOAD of them (maybe not as many as DHS...:)) but I don't want to spend a small fortune on them.

2. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

3. bubbleman

bubbleman New Member

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammunition/40-cal

4. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I buy mine from Luckygunner.com MBI factory reloads. No issues

5. okieglock

okieglock New Member

Personally I like sgammo, partially because the are an oklahoma based company and they carry the winchester ranger series ammo

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum okieglock !!

7. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I highly recommend www.sgammo.com. Great guys from Stillwater, OK (Go Cowboys!). I buy pretty much all of my bulk ammo from them. Since I have to function check each customer's Glock after doing service on them I do a lot of business with SG Ammo.

8. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

By bulk does that mean they will give you a deal if you buy 5 to 10k rounds at a time from them I would look myself but I am not currently where I can get Internet and am stuck with the iPhone only

9. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Yes. For instance, if you were to buy the 500 ct Winchester White Box, you'd pay $139.50/500.

If you go with Georgia Arms, you can get 1000rd can for $130.

The problem you'll have in buying those quantities is availability. If you buy now, you'd be able to get 5k rounds from SGammo, but they don't have 10k in stock. You might, by combing different brands or FMJ & JHPs, be able to get to 10k though.

10. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

GA's 40cal is $135 for 500rds, I just checked there before I bought from Jack Ross

11. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks all I will check online tomorrow and see what I can find

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Moved thread to the correct sub forum...Ammo & Reloading

13. Ach127

Ach127 New Member

WV
    Thanks Shooter... I'm sure I'll get the hits I'm looking for now. This is great info guys. I've got my eye on the 1000 rounds of factory reloads from MBI $270 (luckygunner)...and the 1000 round reloaded can from Jack Ross $199. The Jack Ross ammo is hard to pass up, considering the price...but I'm still hesitant to pull the trigger on the Ross because I've never heard of it. Can anyone tell me difference between the two, or if it even matters. Thanks guys.

14. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I think I was falling asleep...I meant that by buying the GA Arms 1000 round can, which is $260, you can get 500/$130.

15. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

16. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

17. condor56

condor56 New Member

GA always seem to be out of stock