Glock Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how they measured 15 seconds, or if they lasered the 40 yard distance, but here are the results of my kid running his iron sighted G26 under a shot timer with lasered target distance from a IWB holster concealed. He is a USPSA Limited Master (85-95% of all shooters). Total time was 19 and 17 seconds (includes draw time).

Brown Wood Rectangle Beige Floor

Wood Rectangle Brick Artifact Gas

·
Registered
149 Posts
Our local IDPA match this past Saturday had a special extra stage for the “Eli Drill”. Of course, there was no incoming threat; but it provided perspective.

I put six rounds on target, in the allotted time. No one was shooting at me, and nothing was at stake.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, he was able to do that based on mastering the fundamentals: stance, grip, sight picture and trigger control. Course, if the perp was turned away from that would make it far easier...

·
Glockin’ since 1993
48,535 Posts
im sure that is the main basis but the fight or flight response with adrenaline has to help as well
The body can react in a number of ways. Focus can be increased, usually accompanied by tunnel vision, time seems to slow down, auditory exclusion and other physio-psychological reactions.
Of course detrimental effects can happen as well. Shock, freezing, fainting, etc.
Training helps overcome some issues as you should react.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts