tungsten recoil rods

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by Takem406, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Takem406

Takem406 New Member

Thinking of putting a Tungsten in my 27.
    Who has experience doing this? Is it worth the money?

2. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member

I tried tungsten and stainless from the Glock Store. Both were sent back after they failed, and both failed again. I have heard of others having success. I wouldn't go with the Glock Store, the customer reviews speak for themselves.

3. Takem406

Takem406 New Member

I saw a few on Glockmeister, are these the same ones?

4. I think stainless is plenty good enough to replace the plastic with, no need to go the extra expense of tungsten. Also, this is one reason that I like the Gen3 a little better then the Gen4. The recoil spring guide rod is just a simple rod, no fuss, no muss.

5. ChrisG17-4

ChrisG17-4 New Member

I have a stainless on my Gen 4 17 with several thousand rounds through it. No complaints.

6. Takem406

Takem406 New Member

What's the weight difference between the two?

7. Glockinator19

Glockinator19 Certified Glock Armorer

Stainless steel is just the improvement, no use for tungsten really.. Spend a lot more and get the exact same results. I've used both in my 19 an 26. I recommend stainless steel over tungsten any day

8. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I have a SS one from the Glock Store in one of my 21's and it works fine.

9. jbardellini

jbardellini Lifetime Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I have the ss in my G22 also from TGS because there were out if the tungsten but I have had no issues with mine

10. Lucian_253

Is it a gen. 4? Most complaint and my problems were with dual recoil spring assemblies.

11. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

No mine is a Gen 2 , 21. I can't figure out why they have a problem with the duel Springs as my G30 has had one since new and they work great on them! The 30 comes with a metal duel recoil spring!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  12. epat

epat Female Member

I have replaced all mine with ss rsa's, shot 3 of them and did not notice any difference, 2 I have yet to shoot.

13. epat

epat Female Member

opps, I did not replace the g17 gen4 so only replaced 4 of them:eek:

14. Takem406

Takem406 New Member

Yeah I'm thinking I need another couple Glocks. I just bought my first last week after a year of carrying a full size XDM. Was time for a smaller gun that wasn't a microscopic thing;-)

15. Glockinator19

Glockinator19 Certified Glock Armorer

I would get stainless steel.. Or just stay stock. Nothing wrong with the stock RSA.

16. Lucian_253

Has anyone bought a stainless DRSA from Glockmeister? They sell black ones, which I prefer to the polished look.

17. GatorHater

GatorHater Premium Member

Tgr

I did a thread a little while back on the Tungsten Guide Rod from glock store.com.

I had to return a first then a second that I tried in my GEN 4 G23. It seemed who ever tried it in this paticular gun had the same failure to feed issues I had. Its a great concept but poorly executed. After shooting my wifes gen4 G19 I decided the recoil wasnt bad enough compared to my G23 to focus on persuing it further. Besides you dont want to call a time out in a self defense situation because you bought an after market part!!

Lastly GSC was easy to work with on the returns and who knows, it may work for you!!!

18. snead

snead New Member

I bought a SS from glockstore and did notice an improved muzzle weight difference with no problems. I have a G17 gen 3. I did read a lot of complaints from dual spring assemblies. Not many about single spring assemblies. Happy with stainless.