Trouble with glock 23 gen 4

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by gunrunner263, May 8, 2013.

1. gunrunner263

gunrunner263 New Member

Every time I shoot my g23 gen 4 it jams on the 4 round and also on the next 3 rounds. It does every time, every mag and I have tried several diffrent brands of ammo. Has anyone else had this happen it even heard of this same problem?

2. Godzooky

Godzooky New Member

I had KCI mags do something similar. Every 5th rd would misfeed. I eject the rd then finish the mag np. I was told I probably needed to file either the follower or inside of the mag. I sold them to a guy that didn't mind trying to figure it out.

3. Godzooky

Godzooky New Member

Oh all of my factory glock mags shoot fine.

4. WillieB

WillieB New Member

Sounds like a classic case of limp wristing. Is this your first polymer framed handgun?

5. I agree with WillieB. I have never had any problems with my Gen4 23 or the magazines and I put over 1000 thousand rounds through it. Several of my students had malfunctions with it due to limp wristing it. Once we corrected it, no more malfunctions.

6. Glockinator19

Glockinator19 Certified Glock Armorer

Tighten up that grip, push with your strong hand, pull with your off hand.. That'll do the trick

7. You can't fire it one handed? :)

8. TM23_co

TM23_co New Member

If you're shooting quality ammo I would say a grip issue. If I limp wrist my 23 I can force a jam. Hold it with wrists locked and no jam.

9. runningbear

runningbear New Member

I think there is more to this problem then just how it is being gripped. If it were my G23 I would contact Glock and see if they want to look at it. The G23 has been around a long time and I have never read of them being picky about how gripped. My early G23 has never jammed.

10. Glockinator19

Just about EVERY glock is picky with grip.

11. runningbear

runningbear New Member

I would sure like to see some proof of this (EVERY glock is picky with grip) item.

12. TM23_co

TM23_co New Member

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Uqtz2asE4[/ame]

Watch and listen

13. runningbear

runningbear New Member

Well that sure is great information and surly the Military Channel is my information bible. Oh I just threw my poor un trusty worthy Glock23 in the trash. I also am informing Hickok45 that his Glocks are PICKY and he also should quickly discard all of them. I just can't find enough ways to thank you for setting me on the right track and letting me in on this unknown fact regarding all Glocks being picky about being gripped. Thank you Thank you and again THANK YOU!!!!:)
    Oh here is my Glock expert. Hickok45
    http://www.indiaeveryday.in/video/p/glock-23-the-rundown/zyX6KCBLbsY.htm?ss=true
    http://www.indiaeveryday.in/video/p/glock-23-gen-4-comparison/kXS3c110Te4.htm?ss=true

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  14. WillieB

WillieB New Member

I think Hickok would be the first to tell you that any polymer framed handgun is prone to limp wristing if not held properly. I'm not sure if you're truly thankful for the information or being cute. The forum is for all of us to help one another out, not to laud one another.

15. runningbear

runningbear New Member

Think what you want. I live in the United States of America and we citizens still have the right to our thoughts and what we think.;)

16. Glockinator19

He's not thankful, he's just being thick headed. Obviously he doesn't know much about glocks because if he did, he would know what we're talking about.

17. TM23_co

TM23_co New Member

Hickock even has a grip techniques video saying even glocks and other polymer framed pistols need a firm grip or you can induce cycling failures.

Some people are just dense on the matter. Even a reputable shop and glock armorer will tell you the same.

18. TM23_co

TM23_co New Member

I smell a rick roll....

19. Glockinator19

A rick roll troll maybe..?