Trigger finger blister

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by glock19desertranger, Oct 14, 2012.

1. glock19desertranger

glock19desertranger New Member

I went to the range today and put a couple hundred rounds of 40 cal thru my 23 and a couple hundred rounds of 9mm thru my 19. I ended up with a big blister on my trigger finger, has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions on preventing this from happening again?

Attached Files:

2. Smacks286

Smacks286 Premium Member

Yes this has happened to me before. I did shoot less often but with higher round counts. Now I shoot more and with less rounds and don't get blisters. Not sure how to prevent it other than gloves. I don't wear them because it's not something I would wear everyday in the real world.

3. mgardner

mgardner Member

I shoot so much that there are large callouses on the inside edge of my trigger finger and the knuckle of my middle finger where it hits the trigger guard. I have to shave them off occassionally and rub Burt's Bees salve in to them so they don't crack open. That's from the Glock. There's another on the first knuckle of my strong hand where it rubs the ambi-safey on my 1911 even though I've rounded the edges. I believe I spend an inappropriate amount of time shooting. :D Many guys use adhesive tape on the problem spots too.

4. Shoot more. It will go away. Eventually

5. glock19desertranger

Yup, that's what it sounds like. Now I just need to find the time.

6. packnglock

packnglock One in the chamber

Serval years ago i cut about half of the tip of my trigger finger off and the remaining of dont have much meat on it . So i put smooth triggers in all of my glocks then i take a piece emery cloth and sand the trigger saftey down so it is flush with the trigger face when it is deppressed.

7. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I have all compact & subcompact triggers replaced with the smooth trigger of the full size guns. The serrated triggers can be annoying and rough on the finger.

8. Leper

Leper New Member

Add me to those suggesting the smooth trigger. I don't even consider it a mod. It's a must have IMO. The only reason the compacts and subcompacts have them is to meet the points requirement for importation.

9. glock19desertranger

Will the full size trigger assemblies fit in the compact glocks?

10. Smacks286

Smacks286 Premium Member

^^ I think the subcompacts have a specific trigger bar that only fits them. Someone will be able to verify that shortly.

11. Nyckid211

Nyckid211 New Member

From Glockmeister.com: "GLOCK OEM factory Trigger with Trigger Bar - G17, G22, G31, G34, G35 (smooth trigger) This trigger can also be used as a smooth face replacement for G19, G23, G26, G27 G32, G33"

So the answer is no, the subcompact doesn't have a specific trigger bar that fits only it. Btw, this is the trigger/ trigger bar I have in my 27 and it functions perfectly. Shot 200 rounds this weekend without incident.

I would also suggest lightening the trigger pull. I think this will help prevent blisters on your finger a bit. My trigger fiber use to get sore to the touch and pretty numb after shooting alot. Now, I just get a slight tingle.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  12. glock19desertranger

Perfect! That's the info I needed, I think I'll try changing it out and see what happens. Thanks everyone!

13. been hearing a lot about the RTF glocks messing up their hands and what not, my only reply to that......get man hands hahahaha

14. Nyckid211

Nyckid211 New Member

Keep in mind, the green 3 and gen 4 have a slight difference. The part of the gen 4 trigger bar that contacts the safety plunger has what I like to refer to as a nipple. It rests against the inside of the slide and some people say it adds friction which adds weight to the pull. I got the gen 3 version, which doesn't have this added feature. It's your choice.

15. Smacks286

Smacks286 Premium Member

^^ I carry a G22 RTF everyday. It does not bother me other than pulling threads on clothing. Has ruined many shirts in winter.

16. one of the local departments i work for has that issue, and one day i was able to talk to the sheriff and he expressed how he hated that the holsters didnt sit low enough to take the weapon further from the shirts, so i told him that its a great frame, and that they make drop downs, just by showing him my set up, he has ordered the drop downs and more g21s in the rtf frame

17. Smacks286

Smacks286 Premium Member

I wear the Serpa level 3 dropped as low as it will go. Pulls threads right by my wrist. Cotton stands up a little better than poly etc.

18. i dont like it for conceal carry, i will always wear a cotton shirt over my under armor shirt just for that reason, but duty holster is the safariland holsters

19. glock19desertranger

My guns are both gen 3, so I'll just stick with the same gen. I might try a ghost rocket or ultimate spring kit too, I've been wanting one anyways this gives me an excuse to get one now.

20. looking at your quoted post and yours, in the gen 4 you can put in a gen 3 trigger bar, and get a better feel, start tinkering with connectors and its a world of difference right there