NRA membership

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by G22GEN4, Apr 11, 2012.

1. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Are there any NRA members here? If so, what does membership offer? I have a what they sent with my Glock but wanted to know a little something from actual members.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting Member

Been a Life Member since 1977...

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]NRA Membership Benefits [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]These basic membership benefits are automatically included with your NRA Annual Membership or Life Membership, along with special members-only discounts and services. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]An official NRA Membership ID card - showing your Membership ID number and expiration date or Life Member status. You should carry this card with you at all times. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]With all regular memberships, you will get a choice of subscription to American Rifleman, American Hunter, or America's 1st Freedom,[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Junior members receive a subscription to Insights, [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Annual members receive $5,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of renewal. (Does not include Junior membership.)[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Life members receive $10,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of upgrade to Life member status[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Law Enforcement Officers, that are NRA members, killed in the line of duty will have $25,000 in coverage.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]$2,500 of ArmsCare coverage with your NRA membership. This plan covers insured firearms, air guns, bows and arrows against theft, accidental loss, and damage. [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For purposes of insurance, NRA members must be current active members of the NRA whose name appears on the NRA membership list.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]New and Enhanced insurance coverages through the NRA Endorsed Insurance Programs. Enroll on-line for Life, Health and Accident and Individual Property and Liability insurance or call Toll free 1-877-NRA-3006 (1-877-672-3006.) New Commercial Property Liability Insurance Program for NRA Affiliated Clubs and Business Alliance Members, visit on-line or call Toll Free 1-877-487-5407. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The most important benefit of NRA membership, however, is the defense of your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. NRA-ILA tracks the issues and alerts members about legislation involving firearms and hunting at the federal, state and local levels of government. Successful legislative action begins with you -- the individual member. For information regarding legislative action or to become an ILA grassroots volunteer, call 1-800-392-8683. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If you have questions about your NRA membership, please send e-mail to membership@nrahq.org [/FONT]

3. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Good deal bro thanks. I was born in 77

4. I'm a life member and an NRA Training Counselor. No, I don't think everything they do is correct but they are by far the biggest 2A organization in the country and they train more people in the safe use of firearms than any other organization.

5. SHOOTER13

Yea...thanks for mentioning that !! :cool:

6. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

I will look at there website, but do they also offer any training programs? Discounts to ranges? (guess that is really up to the range) Firearms discounts like GSSF?

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

THUD! [​IMG]

10 seconds later....[​IMG]

Gee....I can still remember things from '77....those were the days, eh, Shooter? [​IMG]

8. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

How long does it usually take to get your membership card and stuff from them. Signed up Feb 29th, I'm getting emails but no card yet.

9. SHOOTER13

Hell yea !! Those were the days my friend...I was 23

(Look at you with all the smileys...!! )

10. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

11. SHOOTER13

It's comin'...if your a first time member, you're probably getting the welcome package / free gift. I think that comes from somewhere else other than Fairfax, VA...the HQ.

Hey... if you get a chance, go to the HQ and see an awesome gun museum !!

12. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Gssf? Is that a sort of Glock program or something? I think I ran across it but not so sure.

13. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

Just join NRA for 1 year. After that, when you renew, they usually give out cool stuff for renewing. I got an awesome NRA range bag that you can't purchase anywhere when I renewed. And I got a cool NRA knife when I signed up the first time. Also, google NRA membership discounts. I found one for $10 off the first year.

You get a free monthly subscription to American Rifleman magazine with your membership. That alone pays for the membership.

14. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

I'm a member .. planning on joining a local shooting club & it's a requirement, plus I like that NRA is lobbying (spelling~!?!?) to protect my interest.