Not SAFE! 4lb Striker Spring on with a 3.5

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by shootingpar, Oct 2, 2012.

1. shootingpar

shootingpar New Member

Wow, had a very interesting surprise at the range today.

Put a Ghost 3.5 connector in my 17. Seller also suggested a 3 spring kit to actually get the trigger pull closer to the 3.5#'s. With the 3.5 connector installed, I also put in a 6# trigger spring, an RP Plunger and finally a 4lb Striker spring. Trigger felt great, so went to the range.

Each time I pulled the trigger the gun shot TWICE. Had a more knowledgeable Gent from the Gun Counter come check it out. Same thing.

Skipping to the conclusion. The culprit was the 4 lb striker spring. Dont go that light. Switched the std spring with the 4 # spring 3 times trying to get a different result. Its the 4# spring.

Easy to test your gun if you add this kit. Dry fire the glock, with the trigger still pulled, pull the slide and slowly release the trigger to see where it resets. If it does what it should, it resets, or in this case it fires. Not good.

Has anyone encountered this?

2. I had the same set up as yours on my G26 Gen 4 and absolutley loved the way the trigger felt, but I was getting light primer strikes. So, I reinstalled the factory striker spring, but kept the trigger spring and SP spring and my trigger is still really good!

3. shootingpar

shootingpar New Member

Going back to the range to make sure I am correct in the conclusion Im making. Thought I may have done something dumb with the spring but redoing it 3 times with the same result if enough for this engineer to make this assumption. My 17 is Gen 3. With the factory striker spring back in it , i agree its a noticeable improvement.

4. BORIS

BORIS New Member

A different weight striker spring will cause the striker to release again and fire a double. One of the parts that makes the striker release is wrong, not the striker spring.

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Is this a carry weapon or a range gun?

6. shootingpar

shootingpar New Member

Boris, you were correct . The gun is still double tapping. Had a certified glocksmith who works at the range , take a look at it . The Ghost connector is faulty. Did the same thing when installed in his Glock . the springs were non issue .

I want to delete this thread and repost what to look for in a connector.

7. EvilD

EvilD New Member

I was just about to post that it absolutely was not the springs. I would call Ghost, I have the same one in 2 different guns and have no troubles with the, I have a Zevtech 3.0 race connector I like better tho.

8. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

It's not your firing pin spring/striker spring. It's your connector. I have had two Ghost connectors go full auto on me while working on customer's Glocks. I won't use them. I use the Lone Wolf connector. You change the angle of the Ghost connector but eventually that angle will change and it'll go auto on you once again.

9. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

I agree! I have the exact same set up in my 17 and 26 without ever having any issues.

10. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Are talking about the competition spring kit? I was thinking of getting it.

11. shootingpar

shootingpar New Member

Argyle, you nailed the prognosis. The angle bend should be a right angle from what I m told by the Glock Doc. Mine is 45 degrees. So has anyone else had these issues? Didnt see anything about this when I researched it.

12. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Don't buy the kits and try this yourself at home. Just send it to me and have me get it right for you the first time. I am a professional.

13. Did you not get the memo? ;)

14. glocksrock80

glocksrock80 New Member

im gonna do this setup to save me the money and hassle of buying the G18 ;)

15. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Wait! There's a memo? Is it like "Finding Memo"?

16. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

And now the BATFE is going to be knocking on your door tomorrow.:cool:

17. glocksrock80

glocksrock80 New Member

Parts just flew out of my glock what do i do?

Attached Files:

18. Flew out how? As you were twisting the trigger bar away from the ejector housing? Starting to sound like the hook of the spring wasn't seated correctly.

Argyle I'll send you a PM.

19. glocksrock80

glocksrock80 New Member

SIKe lol i changed em out for the 3.5 lonewolf and comp trigger spring

20. hanovi

hanovi New Member

so what 3.5 connector do you use there is quite a few on the market is the lone wolf the best one for the money?