Night sights and which is best?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Glockrdie, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Glockrdie

Glockrdie New Member

I Would like to know which night sight y'all think are best

Trijicon
    image-3788552429.jpg

GLock night sights
    image-2768261370.jpg

tru dot
    image-435564851.jpg

2. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Cookie Moderator

For the money, Glock night sight. $53.00 for a set! I put them on my G20 and will get more for my other Glocks.

3. I don't know about the others but I have Tru Dot's on mine and I like them. They are bright at night and easy to pick up during the day. They came on my 22C back in '05 and have been abused ever since and now they are on my 27 and still going strong.

4. Blackmagic02

Blackmagic02 New Member

I have Meprolights on all but one. My Wife's G26 has the Glock night sights. After taking the Armorer's course I would probably prefer the Glock night sights. They are made of the same material/same process as the slide and carry a 15 yr. warranty as opposed to the 12 yr. on the Mepro's. Looks like the price has gone up though. $64 for a set ($32 each) in my Armorer's US Addendum issued in June and last revised 11.08.11. I see they also offer Trijicon. $72 ($36 each) from Glock.

5. Glockrdie

Glockrdie New Member

Where do y'all get the GLock night sights from? There not on the GLock website!

6. Blackmagic02

Blackmagic02 New Member

A Glock Armorer would have to order them for you.

7. pdude

pdude New Member

I don't know of any Glock Night Sights for $53, but that would be a good find. I do recall seeing that Amazon had the hiviz for sights for that price range, but all the others were much higher. Seems like a lot of people seem to like the higher priced brands as I'm still deciding too.

8. TruGlo TFO's, a couple people don't like them but of all the people that have shot my guns I've never ran across one that didn't like them.

9. What I think is the best are the Trijicon HD night sights.

The U shape notice on the rear sight really makes it fast to pick up the front sight.

trijicon003.jpg

The rear sight is good for one hand slide racking.

DSCF0001.jpg

That is just my opinion tho. :)

10. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

The best night sights are personal preference. I'm not a big fan of the 3 dot sights. I like the Heinie Straight 8s.

Attached Files:

11. Blackmagic02

Blackmagic02 New Member

Hi-Viz makes fiber optic sights, not night sights. They gather light in order to glow where night sights use tritium for self-illumination. Birddogyz probably bought his Glock night sights before the last price increase. Still only $11 more now.

12. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Cookie Moderator

I got mine from GT Distributors.

13. Blackmagic02

Blackmagic02 New Member

I just saw them there. $57 now. That's interesting. Their price undercuts Glock's but it kind of sounds like they get them from Glock the same way I would. "These sights are bought in bulk and sold "loose" to eliminate packaging costs for a greater value to you." They are ordered separately from Glock so the "loose" part would make sense. They probably have an Armorer on staff. They might make it back in installs or they still have stock from when the price was lower. :confused:

14. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member

I have either Trijicon's, or Mepro's on all my carry guns.

15. The_BORG

The_BORG Junior Member

I had a military contractor (currently in Afghanistan) recommend Trijicon's GL01 night sights to me. It's what he has on his G19 & what I have on mine now.

16. trex1310

trex1310 Heart Of Dixie

I like the Ameriglo Classic sights, but the Trijicon
    Bright & Tough sights are very good as well.

17. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

Mepro for me. I've had mepro, trijicon, and glock facroty. Still have trijicon on my duty pistol because I have to, and mepros on all my personally owned handguns. In my experience Mepros are brighter new, hold brightness longer, and take the major punishment I've been giving them for years. YMMV

18. epat

epat Female Member

Trijicon is the only one I have dealt with, I was amazed on how long they stay lit at night. I have it on my Springfield Champion 1911. My Glocks have hi-vis on all 4 of them.

19. chief203

chief203 New Member

They not only glow all night long... they glow for years. :)

I have Trijicons on my old duty weapon... going on 13 years and everytime I go into my safe, I still see the little green dots. I don't remember if they're as bright as new but they are certainly still quite bright and useable.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  20. I just put a new set of Ameriglo's on my 19. I took it to the range and I was all over the place. I think I was having problems picking up the sight, the range is just light enough to not activate the NS but not very well lite. I have been having a lot of migraines lately and can't seem to see as we'll so maybe my eyes are going :)