Glock Forum is getting a facelift!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by havasu, Jun 13, 2017.

1. I was advised by CMG management that Glock Forum will finally be transitioning from the horrible vBulletin to a quicker, cleaner XenForo program. It is extremely user friendly and for us mods and admins, the backend controls are way simpler.

I know we may get some grumbles and resistance, and we also understand that folks often do not like change, but rest assured, we are all in this together, and I promise we will help anyone and everyone who has problems.

From what I understand, this transition will occur sometime this week, but I can't be more specific than this. Also, please understand that all of our sister gun forums will move to XenForo in the next few weeks and/or months, so once the user controls are learned, you will be able to easily carry that knowledge to the other gun forums.

If you have any questions, feel free to send myself or any of the other moderators a private message, and we will answer your questions.

Thanks!

Havasu
    GF Admin

2. Austin

Austin Administrator Staff Member

We will also be turning off attachments, and avatars to make the process a bit easier as we make the transition.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

3. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks for all the hard work guys!
    A quicker easier experience is much appreciated!

4. gumpy

gumpy Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Maybe I can figure it all out on here before it hits the others! GF makes a good guinea pig, lol.

5. Yessir Mr. Gumpy. All of our favorite gun forums are going in that direction.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting Member

Looking forward to it...KTOG runs it...looks and function great !!

Thanks Gents...

7. DoubleR

Does this mean we will get notifications again?

8. jbardellini

jbardellini Lifetime Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Real time ones would be fabulous to have

9. jbardellini

jbardellini Lifetime Member Lifetime Supporting Member

No time limit between posts would be even a better option

10. Easy_CZ

Easy_CZ Active Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks for the update and all your work behind the scenes.

11. DoubleR

I miss so much since the disappeared. I don't have time to sit around hitting refresh. When a notification goes off I check.

g30shooter likes this.
  12. I understand photo imaging is also only partially working so please post your concerns, wishes and gripes in this thread and I will make sure all concerns are addressed.

13. Here is the latest on the transition...

Attachments were turned off during the testing of the migration. The migration took quite a while and a number of errors happened during that time.
    Attachments have been turned back on now, currently I am working on the fixes from the errors during the previous migration.

During the time I updated the tapatalk app for GlockForum and it should be rolling out to the store now as well.

I do not anticipate moving GlockForum for at least a week.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks for the follow up.

14. DoubleR

Thanks for all the hard work and the update!

15. So far I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about the new forum layout.
    I absolutely cannot get it to work on my phone. Grrrrr !!!

16. ishoot4thriLLs

ishoot4thriLLs Member

KY
    Thanks for everything.

Only concern I have is that I don't see the thing at the top where it says, "My Replies" so I can click on it and keep up with replies on posts that I make on my threads and others' threads as well.

17. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue on your phone.
    I just tried on my phone, and it's worked rather quickly with no fuss. What are trying to do?

There is a My Content button, but the New Posts button will be the quickest way to find if your reply has unseen replies made to it.

ishoot4thriLLs likes this.
  18. Rich1028

Rich1028 Junior Member

Looks a bit different when I first came on here today,have not been on here in awhile I guess,been busy with doing Summer things!

19. Will it be Tapatalk Pro friendly ?

20. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

We are on the tapatalk app, and our own app. As far as Tapatalk Pro, I'm sure it will be fine.