Glock 26 Gen 4 problem

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by cmonty48, Sep 11, 2012.

1. cmonty48

cmonty48 New Member

Bought a new 26 a week ago and I took it out to the range. Unfortunately several times the case wouldn't eject and would get caught in the slide. I was wondering if there's anything I can do myself instead of having to send it back in? I own 2 other gen 4 and have had zero problems with them. Thanx

2. Liftheavybrah

Liftheavybrah New Member

I'm fairly new to glock but I've heard that the gen 4 baby glocks have guide rod issues. Have you taken it apart to see if anything is broken or out of place?

3. cmonty48

cmonty48 New Member

Yes I cleaned it before I shot it and looked it over again when I got back and everything looked fine. I traded my M&P for this gun because of the problems I had with it. Still shoots alot better than the M&P

4. ezveedub

ezveedub Premium Member

What ammo are you using with this Glock 26 Gen4?

5. cmonty48

cmonty48 New Member

I used the Winchester white box target load 147 grain

6. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP New Member

My gen4 26, purchased last month, had issues going back into battery when racking the slide. I called Glock and they sent me a new recoil spring assembly without any nudging on my part.

Inspecting the old RSA showed no visible problems. The new RSA corrected the battery issue, but I have yet to shoot with it.

This may have nothing to do with your specific issue, but thought I would mention it just in case.

7. cmonty48

cmonty48 New Member

Thanks Gunner I'll give them a call

8. ezveedub

ezveedub Premium Member

Is this happening with all three magazines? I would try a different ammo before sending it back in. I have a Gen 3 26 and used all types of ammo from 115gr-147gr in regular FMJ and +P JHP with no issues. I know the gen 3 has a dual recoil spring like the gen 4, but I think there is a slight difference still.

9. j102

j102 Active Member

Yes. Just give them a call. They will send you a new RSA for free and the problem will go away.

10. Firekrotch

Firekrotch New Member

It was probably bad ammo, I had the same problem with my 1911