Glock 19 vs Glock 26

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by thinkricky, Apr 27, 2012.

1. thinkricky

thinkricky New Member

I originally wanted the Glock 26 because of the size and concealable. I ended up getting the Glock 19 GEN 3 because it's still compact but I can't seem to conceal it well!

I'm so frustrated. And having buyers remorse... I feel like I should have got the 26... Keeps playing through my head over and over. Should I try to exchange? Or is the 19 still a keeper?..

2. Glockmasterg9

Glockmasterg9 New Member

Dude you don't understand the glock world yet, dont worry you will. Let my help you with this, if you got the 26 you "WILL" eventually get the 19 period. I promise you, you will. If you got the 19 you "WILL" eventually get the 26 I promise you.
    At some point you would have eventually gotten the both regardless of the one you purchased first .
    Enjoy it and plan on getting the 26.
    That's why I have 2 19s and 2 26s!!:D

3. GAgal

GAgal Bang is better than Bling!

It's true! Same thing happened to me. The G17 is next then I will have the papa bear the mama bear and the baby bear just like in the story. I can't wait. ;-)

4. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Get the G19 handle trimmed to G26 length.

5. Hurricane460

Hurricane460 Glock Doc..

I have and enjoy both. The 19 came first then the 26 (then the 30 and 27). Keep the 19 enjoy it. You will get the 26. Glocks are like tattoos cant just have one.....

6. thinkricky

thinkricky New Member

Lol. Hilarious. I wasn't planning on buying another one! But you're right. I probably will end up buying the 26.

7. thinkricky

thinkricky New Member

Seriously!?? Can you do that?

8. thinkricky

thinkricky New Member

Thanks. I won't worry about it any more. Lol... I bought a Glock. Now I'm doomed to keep buying more...

9. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

How have you been carrying it? Have you tried an IWB holster? I have a G23 which is the same size as a G19 just in .40 S&W and I can conceal it decently with a Blackhawk CQC serpa holster which is OWB. I have a white hat holster coming in the mail as we speak which is an IWB holster and people do not seem to have any trouble with concealing with those. The G19/23 is a perfect size, but as said above I have been planning on buying a G26 or G27 as well.

10. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    The 19 was my first gun. My second was the 26. And so on and so on...21 is on order!!

11. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Dude, It's the truth. I personally don't know a single Glock owner that ONLY has 1! Kinda strange but true!

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

My first Glock was the G26, and is my EDC as well as my IDPA gun.

My second Glock was the G30, which is my wintertime EDC.

Sadly, that's it, but to compensate....

I got a bunch of G17 magazines with the X-Grip adapters, to keep my G26 happy! :)

13. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

Hi nice to meet you, I own just one Glock, a G34, but never fear, I'm planning on a 19 pretty soon :)

14. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

When I show people the G26, they always seem to comment "it's so small, perfect for concealment".

I tell 'em, they don't come any smaller than that, and with the G17 mags, I get 17 in the mag and 1 in the pipe, with 4 more extra mags!

Oh, yeah!

15. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

19 is a good choice. It's concealable. It depends on your clothes and choice of holster, mostly clothes.

16. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Yep.
    Then you'll have the short G26 grip which should be easier to conceal, and the sight radius of the G19. Reloads can be the G19 or G17 magazines.
    You can always use the grip adapters on the G19 magazine to have a full grip again.

17. thinkricky

thinkricky New Member

I bought a Foxx IWB but I'm not liking it. Also have a Blackhawk paddle holster and an uncle mikes in the pants holster. All of these fail... I see printing on all. And it's noticeable...

Frustrated. I may saw off my 19 to be a 26!

Just kidding. Any one actually do that? And if so. How? If its legit. I may do that... Honestly.

18. thinkricky

thinkricky New Member

The grip is always what shows...

19. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Try appendix carry that would be easier to hide it. I carry a G30 and did carry a G21 and a Kimber 1911 so if you dress around it and you can make it work. Check out the "Trigger Thingy" a member sells on here. I usually wear my G30 with an inside the waist band holster and it is either 3 o'clock or Appendix (Felony) Carry. I wear Harley button up shirts untucked (They are Called Garage Shirts) and they work well. When I will be in a T Shirt and shorts I can carry that way also or in a Fanny/Butt/Waist Pack. Hawaiian Shirts work well because the Flowery Print patterns break up the look of the butt of the pistol! I completely revamped my wardrobe in order to carry.

Hope that helps.

20. orbs45

orbs45 New Member

I have both a 19 and a 26..the best thing to wear to keep the 19 concealable is a pancake holster or some in the waste band holster..I usually carry my 26 with an in the waste band holster and you can conceal the 19 just as good and if you get both one of the best things about a glock INTERCHANGEABLE MAGAZINES!!! lol (depending on caliber and mag size of course)