Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Forum > What do you think about the glock 17 gen 3?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
wolverine_173

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default What do you think about the glock 17 gen 3?

I have a glock 17 gen 3. I got it because it was basically brand new for 350 bucks and i have heard alot about them. I briefly shot one before buying this one.

The more i handle it compared to other guns the less ergonomic it feels, which is a bummer because i love how simple it is and how reliable it is for the money. (my other gun is a sig) Im more accurate with my sig most likely because its more ergonomic to me, the glock is harder for me to be accurate with, i think i need more practice getting use to the grip angle and the point of aim.

Im considering selling it to get another gun that is more ergonomic like the M&P or the XD or the FNX or a CZ P07 or a sig 2022 anybody have thoughts and experiance with these guns?

And what are your thoughts on the glock 17?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
SHOOTER13
RETIRED MODERATOR
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1067 Times on 851 Posts
Likes Given: 3238

Love the Glock17...hate that list of yours !

Old 04-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Webphisher
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 86 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The 17 is solid as hell. You might try looking into some after market grips that can slip on over the standard one.

There's two conditions in life. 1 and dead.

GSSF/IDPA/NRA Member
Glock Certified Armorer
IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Old 04-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
walla545

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts

Ha ha I'll give ya 200 for it! G17 is a great gun right out of the box. My wife went from shooting my Ruger single six 22 to the 9 mm glock with very little trouble and was putting 10 inch pattern down range at 15 yards brand new out of the box!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
SHOOTER13
RETIRED MODERATOR
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1067 Times on 851 Posts
Likes Given: 3238

OK...$175 for the Glock...final offer !

Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
glocknloaded
Click Click Boom
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3498 Times on 3012 Posts
Likes Given: 281

I love my Glock 17 it was my first choice for a handgun, to me it feels and fits me the best over other handguns and the reliability is amazing. Not one handgun is gonna fit everybody perfect or else there would be only one manufacture, I would suggest putting some more rounds down range and see if you like it and if not trade it in for something that suits you better after all what good is a firearm if your not comfortable with it. Good luck

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
- Thucydides

Old 04-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #7
chilly613

Liked 70 Times on 65 Posts

I used to not like Glocks, I was an XD and Sig shooter. Got a Glock and shelved all my other handguns. The grip angle is different compared to other firearms but once you get used to it and are able to sight in and keep practicing you'll eventually be able to drive tacks with it. Just keep at it.

Smile, wait for the flash!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
ming
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I'm new to Glocks having bought a G17 only several months ago. I never really liked Glocks until I started shooting my buddy's G17. I shot it for about a year and then decided I had to have one. Now I am wondering what took me so long. As others have said it's a tack driver and of course ultra reliable. I've got about 1200 rounds through it and have never had any type of malfunction. I had a CZ P07 but got rid of it a while back due to an ergonomic issue. I just could not get used to the way the thumb safety functioned. I'm a 1911 fan so I have no trouble with the idea of a thumb safety, but the one on the P07 was very soft and mushy. I couldn't tell if I had succeeded in engaging or disengaging the safety without looking. No tactile or audible clue. Drove me crazy. Go with the G17. You won't be sorry.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #9
chadsaalfrank

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine_173
I have a glock 17 gen 3. I got it because it was basically brand new for 350 bucks and i have heard alot about them. I briefly shot one before buying this one.

The more i handle it compared to other guns the less ergonomic it feels, which is a bummer because i love how simple it is and how reliable it is for the money. (my other gun is a sig) Im more accurate with my sig most likely because its more ergonomic to me, the glock is harder for me to be accurate with, i think i need more practice getting use to the grip angle and the point of aim.

Im considering selling it to get another gun that is more ergonomic like the M&P or the XD or the FNX or a CZ P07 or a sig 2022 anybody have thoughts and experiance with these guns?

And what are your thoughts on the glock 17?
I have a xd 9mm posted in the "glock for sale". I will trade ur 17.

Reserve Police Officer and GSSF Member

Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #10
mauro3005

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I have a Glock 17 gen 4. I absolutely love it! But I agree that if you have smaller hands it might not fit as nicely as an m&p. I really like the m&p too so might be considering one of this in the future.

Quick Reply