You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Forum >

weird ammo/mag issue... help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 04:52 AM   #1
coltonms3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default weird ammo/mag issue... help

Hello everyone,
today I went to my new gun range in town with 150 rounds of the "new" ammo from freedom munitions. Honestly out of the box the ammo felt very "clean" and I was impressed. However, about 80 rounds in I had a weird issue I've never seen/heard of. I loaded a round and the mag went "weak". The round fell from the feed lips and even trying to pry the round out didn't work. I ended up smacking the mag on the table to get the round to fall out. I figured it was a mag issue and tossed the mag in my bag. However, next mag did the same thing with the same round. So I inspect the round and the OAL looked a tad long, but nothuling crazy. This happened with 3 different rounds in 3 different magazines. The rounds would give some resistance to loading, but as soon as I got it, the mag would go "weak". I ended up getting 2 of the rounds to cycle in a mag. Just so weirded out. Probably had 1200 rounds down the pipe before tonight and never an issue.

Gen4 g19 firing the "new" 115gr rn

Last edited by coltonms3; 01-03-2015 at 04:56 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #2
coltonms3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Anyone...? Help

Old 01-05-2015, 03:10 PM   #3
ArsonDave
GF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 930 Times on 712 Posts
Likes Given: 710

There is no question in your original post.

Dave

Quote:
Fast is fine, but accuracy is final. - Wyatt Earp

Old 01-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #4
jhelper

Liked 66 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltonms3 View Post
Hello everyone,
today I went to my new gun range in town with 150 rounds of the "new" ammo from freedom munitions. Honestly out of the box the ammo felt very "clean" and I was impressed. However, about 80 rounds in I had a weird issue I've never seen/heard of. I loaded a round and the mag went "weak". The round fell from the feed lips and even trying to pry the round out didn't work. I ended up smacking the mag on the table to get the round to fall out. I figured it was a mag issue and tossed the mag in my bag. However, next mag did the same thing with the same round. So I inspect the round and the OAL looked a tad long, but nothuling crazy. This happened with 3 different rounds in 3 different magazines. The rounds would give some resistance to loading, but as soon as I got it, the mag would go "weak". I ended up getting 2 of the rounds to cycle in a mag. Just so weirded out. Probably had 1200 rounds down the pipe before tonight and never an issue.

Gen4 g19 firing the "new" 115gr rn

I never heard of that either, I use freedom New and reload 115 9mm, I've never had any issues in all my mags and guns, 17/19/26. Sounds like a ammo casing problem, contact Freedom see what they have to say about it

Old 01-05-2015, 06:33 PM   #5
CountryMick

Liked 920 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 2204

OP - perhaps you should contact Freedom Munitions? Maybe they will be able to tell you if they had any recent production issues.

Quick Reply