You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Forum >

A sexy pair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #11
ca survivor

Liked 42 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandof View Post
Correct. As you're shooting the "forty shorty" in the longer 10mm chamber, the case is being held against the breech face by the extractor rather than head spacing on the case mouth as designed. A broken or damaged extractor, in theory, could allow an excessive head space condition, resulting in a blown case. I've shot a bit of .40 in 10mm barrels as well, but a .40 barrel is cheap and makes me feel better.
don't waste your time, he will convince himself one day, as the one in my LGS that he had a massive extractor failure for doing the same thing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2017, 05:34 PM   #12
Overkill338
G29SF@1130 w/200s/9x25@1522 w/124s
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
don't waste your time, he will convince himself one day, as the one in my LGS that he had a massive extractor failure for doing the same thing.
You can run your trap all you want, but don't side jack my thread, I won't argue with you.

WeeWilly at GT has over 10k rounds of 40 threw his 10mm Glocks with zero problems. He isn't the the only one. Go there and ask in The 10 Ring forum. There is zero difference on the extractor than a 10mm. Don't try to scare people unnecessarily, you probably don't shoot 10mm.

Same reward and side forces. It's simple high school physics, try going back to school.

I can say those of you who think you know it all, bug the hell out of all of us who do. Zip it and go back to Komifornia

Last edited by Overkill338; 07-19-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply