You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Forum > Not SAFE! 4lb Striker Spring on with a 3.5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
shootingpar

Likes Given: 1

Default Not SAFE! 4lb Striker Spring on with a 3.5

Wow, had a very interesting surprise at the range today.

Put a Ghost 3.5 connector in my 17. Seller also suggested a 3 spring kit to actually get the trigger pull closer to the 3.5#'s. With the 3.5 connector installed, I also put in a 6# trigger spring, an RP Plunger and finally a 4lb Striker spring. Trigger felt great, so went to the range.

Each time I pulled the trigger the gun shot TWICE. Had a more knowledgeable Gent from the Gun Counter come check it out. Same thing.

Skipping to the conclusion. The culprit was the 4 lb striker spring. Dont go that light. Switched the std spring with the 4 # spring 3 times trying to get a different result. Its the 4# spring.

Easy to test your gun if you add this kit. Dry fire the glock, with the trigger still pulled, pull the slide and slowly release the trigger to see where it resets. If it does what it should, it resets, or in this case it fires. Not good.

Has anyone encountered this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
glocker73
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 66 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingpar View Post
Wow, had a very interesting surprise at the range today.

Put a Ghost 3.5 connector in my 17. Seller also suggested a 3 spring kit to actually get the trigger pull closer to the 3.5#'s. With the 3.5 connector installed, I also put in a 6# trigger spring, an RP Plunger and finally a 4lb Striker spring. Trigger felt great, so went to the range.

Each time I pulled the trigger the gun shot TWICE. Had a more knowledgeable Gent from the Gun Counter come check it out. Same thing.

Skipping to the conclusion. The culprit was the 4 lb striker spring. Dont go that light. Switched the std spring with the 4 # spring 3 times trying to get a different result. Its the 4# spring.

Easy to test your gun if you add this kit. Dry fire the glock, with the trigger still pulled, pull the slide and slowly release the trigger to see where it resets. If it does what it should, it resets, or in this case it fires. Not good.

Has anyone encountered this?
I had the same set up as yours on my G26 Gen 4 and absolutley loved the way the trigger felt, but I was getting light primer strikes. So, I reinstalled the factory striker spring, but kept the trigger spring and SP spring and my trigger is still really good!

Old 10-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
shootingpar

Going back to the range to make sure I am correct in the conclusion Im making. Thought I may have done something dumb with the spring but redoing it 3 times with the same result if enough for this engineer to make this assumption. My 17 is Gen 3. With the factory striker spring back in it , i agree its a noticeable improvement.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
BORIS

Liked 107 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 98

A different weight striker spring will cause the striker to release again and fire a double. One of the parts that makes the striker release is wrong, not the striker spring.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
kodiak

Liked 789 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 616

Is this a carry weapon or a range gun?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
shootingpar

Boris, you were correct . The gun is still double tapping. Had a certified glocksmith who works at the range , take a look at it . The Ghost connector is faulty. Did the same thing when installed in his Glock . the springs were non issue .

I want to delete this thread and repost what to look for in a connector.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
EvilD

Liked 45 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingpar View Post
Boris, you were correct . The gun is still double tapping. Had a certified glocksmith who works at the range , take a look at it . The Ghost connector is faulty. Did the same thing when installed in his Glock . the springs were non issue .

I want to delete this thread and repost what to look for in a connector.
I was just about to post that it absolutely was not the springs. I would call Ghost, I have the same one in 2 different guns and have no troubles with the, I have a Zevtech 3.0 race connector I like better tho.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #8
Argyle64

Liked 122 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 50

It's not your firing pin spring/striker spring. It's your connector. I have had two Ghost connectors go full auto on me while working on customer's Glocks. I won't use them. I use the Lone Wolf connector. You change the angle of the Ghost connector but eventually that angle will change and it'll go auto on you once again.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #9
jmiles50

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocker73

I had the same set up as yours on my G26 Gen 4 and absolutley loved the way the trigger felt, but I was getting light primer strikes. So, I reinstalled the factory striker spring, but kept the trigger spring and SP spring and my trigger is still really good!
I agree! I have the exact same set up in my 17 and 26 without ever having any issues.

J.Miles
NRA Certified Instructor
G17 & G26

Old 10-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #10
iGlock
Lead Farmer

Liked 160 Times on 139 Posts

Are talking about the competition spring kit? I was thinking of getting it.

*All my guns are airsoft*

Quick Reply