You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Forum >

New G43 today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2017, 09:22 PM   #31
yep380

Liked 54 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by veprjack View Post
Just put another 100+ rounds downrange without any trouble. Blazer range rounds and 18 of the GD 124gr Standard and +P. After three mags of +P it does start to feel snappy, but I have decided that IMHO, +P isn't necessary in the 43 - not that I'd shoot a ton of +P during a range session anyway.

So far, over 300 rounds and not even a mild hiccup. The more I shoot this gun, the better I like it. When I look at the size and feel the light weight, I'm just amazed that it shoots so accurately and flawlessly with so little recoil. It's by far the best carry gun overall (for me) that I've ever owned. I'm easily getting sub 2" groups at 7 yards shooting fairly quickly. If I take my time and do my part, the gun shows amazing accuracy potential - it's more accurate than my abilities can consistently take advantage of.

LOVE THIS GUN!!
Fwiw, +p isn't getting you much out of this pistol. Look at the 9mm tests at lucky gunner (http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#9mm) - in particular the federal hst 124gr standard rounds vs the federal hst 124gr +p.

I don't bother with +p.

Agree about the accuracy - amazing for such a little gun.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #32
veprjack

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Agreed - as I said in the post "+P isn't necessary". The extra wear on the gun and my hand doesn't produce enough extra velocity to make it worth it. If the +P gave me 200 extra fps, I might carry it for CCW but still rarely shoot it at the range. This concept first hit me when I was carrying a 340PD - .357magnum rounds hardly had any effect on velocity over a .38+P, but made a HUGE difference in felt recoil and punishment of the gun.

I use Hornady +P in my 19 and the standard pressure XTP in my 43. But I had some +P in my range bag and wanted to see how noticeable the recoil would be. It wasn't awful, but enough - and again, I doubt there was much if any gain in effectiveness regarding fps/fpe, etc. Same with my LCP2 - although I guess technically there's no real .380+P, I would not use HOT loads in it. If I had the 42, maybe that gun would handle it better. I know the Beretta 84 Cheetah probably could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply