You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Forum >

New G43 today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 03:58 AM   #11
mley1

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I love my 43 as well. I've put Pearce plus one extensions on the mags, and Vickers plus 2 extensions on a couple. They both work great, and feel great on the gun. I also put Talon rubber grips on. Which really feel good to me. And, I had to get some new sites. I decided on the Glock oem tritium nite sites. They were easy to install and work great.

I don't have as good a luck with it as a pocket gun though. It's a touch too big for me to call it a pocket gun, or use it as a pocket gun. The 42 does much better in that role. I do, however, carry the 43 most days. I like carrying it in a Desantis mini scabbard the most. It's fitted to the gun, and has adjustable tension. So, it's secure. The Desantis holds it close to the body, and with a shirt untucked, it conceals well.

Marty
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #12
Impala61

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mley1 View Post
I love my 43 as well. I've put Pearce plus one extensions on the mags, and Vickers plus 2 extensions on a couple. They both work great, and feel great on the gun. I also put Talon rubber grips on. Which really feel good to me. And, I had to get some new sites. I decided on the Glock oem tritium nite sites. They were easy to install and work great.

I don't have as good a luck with it as a pocket gun though. It's a touch too big for me to call it a pocket gun, or use it as a pocket gun. The 42 does much better in that role. I do, however, carry the 43 most days. I like carrying it in a Desantis mini scabbard the most. It's fitted to the gun, and has adjustable tension. So, it's secure. The Desantis holds it close to the body, and with a shirt untucked, it conceals well.
I agree with the size comment. My 42 is my pocket carry and my 43 is IWB. Both are carried with Taran Tactical +1 mags.

yep380 Likes This 
Old 04-21-2017, 01:27 AM   #13
yep380

Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mley1 View Post

I've been doing OK with 43 in the front pocket. It feels/looks about as big as a jframe.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:10 PM   #14
veprjack

Likes Given: 3

Default G43 Rocks!

19 for cold weather CCW and HD w/TLR2
43 Talo for warmer weather w/CT Green
LCP2 when I need to make it disappear

I wanted the G42 because, IMHO it's a superior gun to the LCP2 - and this true G Fanboy wanted to keep everything "pure" But personally, if I'm going to go .380, it has to be because it disappears.

I've owned 8 different GLOCKS and they were all great guns, but the 43 is the best combo of concealability, power, accuracy and recoil management in my experience. So far, over 200 rounds of different ammo (including Hornady defense) without even the hint of a hiccup. I'd love to own and shoot that 42, but with the 43 being so close in size and weight, I don't see the need. But if I end up buying one anyway, it won't surprise me!
File Type: jpg glockccw.jpg (71.9 KB, 65 views)

Old 04-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #15
yep380

Quote:
Originally Posted by veprjack View Post
19 for cold weather CCW and HD w/TLR2
43 Talo for warmer weather w/CT Green
LCP2 when I need to make it disappear

I wanted the G42 because, IMHO it's a superior gun to the LCP2 - and this true G Fanboy wanted to keep everything "pure" But personally, if I'm going to go .380, it has to be because it disappears.

I've owned 8 different GLOCKS and they were all great guns, but the 43 is the best combo of concealability, power, accuracy and recoil management in my experience. So far, over 200 rounds of different ammo (including Hornady defense) without even the hint of a hiccup. I'd love to own and shoot that 42, but with the 43 being so close in size and weight, I don't see the need. But if I end up buying one anyway, it won't surprise me!
Nice collection!

I have an LCP (series 1, ver 2?) as well. It too is my disappears with a trace carry piece. It doesn't feel as solid as a Glock, but I've shot it enough to know that it works and will when I need it... except the time the extractor broke at the range, but at least I got one shot out of it. I would be more confident in a G42 myself, but man, it's hard to argue with the tiny size of the LCP.

Anyway, the G43 works well for me in a pocket, or in the waistband. I really like the slim profile light weight of it. I've got a G26, which now feels downright tubby, lol. What I like most about the G43 is it feels and shoots like a little Glock. They really designed this gun well.
veprjack Likes This 
Old 04-22-2017, 11:05 PM   #16
Litespeed

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Congratulations on your new Glock 43. I bought one last summer after Glock started shipping them with the improved trigger pull.

I installed Talon rubber grips, Truglo TFO sights and use Pearce +1 magazine extensions in the gun and Vickers +2 as a spares.

I've owned numbers of Glocks in various models and until I got the Glock 43 the ubiquitous Glock 19 was my favorite Glock. Now the G43 holds that spot.

Glock was late to the single stack 9mm party but when they did show up it was with premium beer and wings. They got this one just right.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:43 PM   #17
yep380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litespeed View Post
Congratulations on your new Glock 43. I bought one last summer after Glock started shipping them with the improved trigger pull.

I installed Talon rubber grips, Truglo TFO sights and use Pearce +1 magazine extensions in the gun and Vickers +2 as a spares.

I've owned numbers of Glocks in various models and until I got the Glock 43 the ubiquitous Glock 19 was my favorite Glock. Now the G43 holds that spot.

Glock was late to the single stack 9mm party but when they did show up it was with premium beer and wings. They got this one just right.
This gun is the perfect balance of simplicity, size and weight. I have to say, it's taken me quite a while to embrace getting a G43 (love my G26), but I'm glad I did.

I'm strongly considering new sights. I'm liking the look of the XS big dot and single bar rear sight right now.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:28 PM   #18
mley1

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You know, I see everybody commenting that the 43 is so close to the 42 in size that there's not much difference. So, go for the 43. To me there's a huge difference. Especially when you're trying to pocket carry for deep concealment. I can tell immediately the size, and weight difference between the 42 and 43. With stock mags the 42 is very light and easy to conceal. the 43 seems more box, heavy, and longer to me.

And, even though the 42 is a bit larger in size than some guns, it's very light weight. I used to pocket carry a PPK all the time, and the 42 is lighter. Are the 43 and 42 close in size? That's a relative question. To me there's enough difference that I put the two of them into different roles, and they work well in each role.

Marty
People Like This 
Old 04-24-2017, 09:04 PM   #19
oregon9mm

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Congrats! Great choice. I never leave home without it. It's rarely not handy in any situation particularly when traveling. Easy to conceal and fun to shoot. New G43 today - Glock Forum

Quick Reply